From: Luis F. Luis on
I know that the option was available in powerpoint 2003 to turn off the
autolayout. Can the samething be done in powerpoint 2007?
From: Malin D on
Create a new slide
Activate the autolayout by typing too many rows in the textbox
Click the smart icon that appears in the bottom of the textbox
Choose Auto Correct options from the menu that appears
Deselect the two "stop fitting text to placeholder" alternatives that appear
in the bottom of the dialog.

Good luck
--
Best regards