From: a on
"Andy" <no(a)invalid> wrote

> Had the OP bothered to mention which timezone he was in, it may have
> been useful information.

It's all solved now. The problem was the city set for the timezone does
not have DST at all, which is why the option doesn't appear. Also, I did
not mention the timezone I am in because (a) it's not my PC with the
problem, and (b) it didn't occur to me to be relevant anyway. I was
posting on behalf of someone else, and was getting them to replicate
your responses.

Thanks to all who replied. And believe me, the in-fighting in some of
the reponses are what makes Usenet so adorably wonderful. :) Out.

From: "nobody >" on
a wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied. And believe me, the in-fighting in some of
> the reponses are what makes Usenet so adorably wonderful. :) Out.

Not to worry. Twisting RtS's pubic hair (gaahh... what a thought..
*banish that*...).............

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
The computer you used to post here is still not fully patched at Microsoft
Update!

From: a on
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP(a)gmail.com> wrote

> The computer you used to post here is still not fully patched at Microsoft Update!

What makes you say that? You just trusting my Usenet headers?

From: Carmel on
"Andy" wrote:

> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>
> > The computer you used to post here is still not fully patched at Microsoft
> > Update!
>
> Please don't top-post here.
>
> http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Seriously, this is a Microsoft forum. You cannot really expect them to
understand 'posting etiquette' now can you? In any case, here are a few more
useful (informative) sites regarding 'posting etiquette".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-post
http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12348&topic=250
http://www.html-faq.com/etiquette/?toppost
http://www.neverending.org/~ftobin/resources/formatting_email_replies/
http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/
http://www.river.com/users/share/etiquette/trumpetpower-netiquette.html

--
Carmel

Never forget: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.