From: Laserray on
I want to permanently delete any message with "Bad Message" in the subject
after I have read and deleted the message. I don't want to have to remember,
for those messages, to hold down the shift key when I hit delete and then
click on "yes" in the pop-up. I want Outlook to know the correct delete
action based on the subject.
It appears the rules facility is too limited for this type of function.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

BTW, installing third-party software is not possible since I am in a
controlled company environment.
From: Bob I on
Rules run only when you receive the message or if you run them manually.
Write and run them with those constraints in mind.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Laserray" <Laserray(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I want to permanently delete any message with "Bad Message" in the subject
> after I have read and deleted the message. I don't want to have to remember,
> for those messages, to hold down the shift key when I hit delete and then
> click on "yes" in the pop-up. I want Outlook to know the correct delete
> action based on the subject.
> It appears the rules facility is too limited for this type of function.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> BTW, installing third-party software is not possible since I am in a
> controlled company environment.

Then you are out of luck. Nothing in Outlook can process a message after it
has been viewed unless you customize its coding either with third-party
software or code you write yourself, and even then I'm not sure what you
describe would be straight-forward or even achievable.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Toothsome Papa on
you could set up a rule to put all those messages in a "Bad Message" folder
when they come in, then at the end of the day just remember to shift-delete
everything in it