From: Larry Hermann on
I have a paid subscription to Avira and I'm changing to Microsoft Security
Essentials. It's totally unobtrusive, works great and it's free.

Larry

From: RnR on
On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:23:32 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e
<nospam.please(a)live.com> wrote:

>What free antivirus would you like to install?

Neither.
From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
On Jan 9, 7:20 am, "RnR" <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:23:32 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e
>
> <nospam.ple...(a)live.com> wrote:
> >What free antivirus would you like to install?
>
> Neither.

Then which free one would you go for?
From: Colin Wilson on
> > Neither.
> Then which free one would you go for?

Avast

Supplement it with;

ZoneAlarm (free)
SpywareBlaster (free)
Firefox (free)
Spybot Search & Destroy (free) <- this is only an insurance policy by
the time you have the others on !

If you want to start getting picky then, get some plugins for Firefox;

AdBlockPlus plugin
Flashblock
NoScript (I find this more of a nuisance than a solution though)
From: RnR on
On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 00:47:55 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e
<nospam.please(a)live.com> wrote:

>On Jan 9, 7:20�am, "RnR" <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 14:23:32 -0800 (PST), n o s p a m p l e a s e
>>
>> <nospam.ple...(a)live.com> wrote:
>> >What free antivirus would you like to install?
>>
>> Neither.
>
>Then which free one would you go for?

Today it would be " Avast " but this is always subject to change. And
as Colin pointed out before me, I would likely supplement this too
with some other software. Personally I use a paid one and supplement
it too but nothing wrong with skipping my way because if you change
your choices completely each year, there is no financial loss. I
will repeat what I always say.... when you feel confident your system
is clean, make a full backup.