From: Baron on
Jeff Strickland Inscribed thus:

> "Baron" <baron.nospam(a)linuxmaniac.nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Jeff Strickland Inscribed thus:
>>
>>> I plugged the Model Number into the Compaq Website for Driver
>>> Downloads, and the machine does not come up as a supported product,
>>> so I can't get drivers for the motherboard.
>>
>> Run "SIW" and locate the drivers that way.
>>

> Run what? And from where?
>
> This sounds like something I don't know.
>
> I went to START>RUN and typed in siw, but got an error message. Tell
> me more.

Looks like other beat me to it and gave you some good answers. :-)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
From: - Bobb - on

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I plugged the Model Number into the Compaq Website for Driver Downloads,
> and the machine does not come up as a supported product, so I can't get
> drivers for the motherboard.

What is the model number / system type ?
I used to work there and might have something around here for it - no
promises though.

From: Jeff Strickland on

"- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message

> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I plugged the Model Number into the Compaq Website for Driver Downloads,
>> and the machine does not come up as a supported product, so I can't get
>> drivers for the motherboard.
>
> What is the model number / system type ?
> I used to work there and might have something around here for it - no
> promises though.

Thanks, the model number is TS-XN0102RS

The only sticker on the front is one of those little square one that says
AMD Sempron. Well, there's another one that's the same shape that says
developed for Windows XP ...

There are some large letters on the motherboard -- ABMZN-LA. This sequence
matches the structure for the motherboard designation of one of the other
models of Compaq computer, but the BIOS for that sequence does not work in
this machine.

From: Paul on
Jeff Strickland wrote:
> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
>> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I plugged the Model Number into the Compaq Website for Driver Downloads,
>>> and the machine does not come up as a supported product, so I can't get
>>> drivers for the motherboard.
>> What is the model number / system type ?
>> I used to work there and might have something around here for it - no
>> promises though.
>>

> Thanks, the model number is TS-XN0102RS
>
> The only sticker on the front is one of those little square one that says
> AMD Sempron. Well, there's another one that's the same shape that says
> developed for Windows XP ...
>
> There are some large letters on the motherboard -- ABMZN-LA. This sequence
> matches the structure for the motherboard designation of one of the other
> models of Compaq computer, but the BIOS for that sequence does not work in
> this machine.

Perhaps the motherboard is A8M2N-LA ? If you spell TS-XN0102RS backwards,
you get SR2010NX.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00757470&lc=en&cc=us&lang=en&softwareitem=pv-42539-1&os=228&product=3239113&dlc=en

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00714578&dlc=en&lc=en&cc=us

(One of them, has more components soldered to it than the other. The
PCB label remains the same. The PCBA or PCB assembly would be different,
and perhaps that is the difference between "Naos" and "NodusM".)

Does the case look like this one ? This has a Sempron in it.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=TS-XN0102RS-B

Judging by comments I see in my search engine, it looks like the BIOS
situation is pretty messed up. Good luck finding a file!

Paul
From: Jeff Strickland on

"Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>> "- Bobb -" <bobb(a)noemail.123> wrote in message
>>> "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> What is the model number / system type ?
>>> I used to work there and might have something around here for it - no
>>> promises though.
>>>

>> Thanks, the model number is TS-XN0102RS
>>
>> The only sticker on the front is one of those little square one that says
>> AMD Sempron. Well, there's another one that's the same shape that says
>> developed for Windows XP ...
>>
>> There are some large letters on the motherboard -- ABMZN-LA. This
>> sequence matches the structure for the motherboard designation of one of
>> the other models of Compaq computer, but the BIOS for that sequence does
>> not work in this machine.
>>

> Perhaps the motherboard is A8M2N-LA ? If you spell TS-XN0102RS backwards,
> you get SR2010NX.

I tired the bios for the A8M ... and it did not work. I didn't spell the
model number backwards, but the three Compaq models that come up with the
number I did use have bios files that don't work.

The link you gave to the debranded HP is accurate. And spooky. If my
daughter does not have the drivers that came from the builder, then I say
this one is toast. Even if she has the original drivers for the motherboard,
it might be toast because the odds are strongly against the original drivers
not playing well with SP3.