From: Mitch Raemsch on
On Jul 13, 2:10 pm, Eric Gisse <jowr...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 3:32 am, stevendaryl3...(a)yahoo.com (Daryl McCullough)
> wrote:
>

> > Danny Milano says...
>
> > >Albert Einstein said in Scientific American April 1950:
>
> > >"I do not see any reason to assume that.. the principle
> > >of general relativity is restricted to gravitation and
> > >that the rest of physics can be dealt with separately
> > >on the basis of special relativity... I do not think
> > >that such an attitude, although historically
> > >understandable, can be objectively justified. ... In
> > >other words, I do not believe that it is justifiable to
> > >ask: what would physics look like without gravitation?"
>
> > [stuff deleted]
>
> > >The special theory isn't compatible with general
> > >relativistic principles, it's not compatible with
> > >gravity, it prevents us from building gravitomagnetism
> > >into the model, and stops us using acoustic metrics.
>
> > That paragraph is just wrong. Special Relativity is
> > a special case of General Relativity, in the same
> > way that a plane is a special case of a 2-dimensional
> > surface. General Relativity is a generalization of
> > special relativity.
>
> We've explained this to Baird [this is probably Baird] before.
> Obviously if he was educable his misconceptions would have been fixed
> before he published them in a book for all to ignore.
>

> > --
> > Daryl McCullough
> > Ithaca, NY- Hide quoted text -

Where are your sheepskins eric?

Mitch Raemsch
From: Spaceman on
Dono wrote:
> On Jul 12, 8:33 pm, Danny Milano <milanoda...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> I just find ordinary anti-relativists like Pencho, Androcles,
>> Spaceman boring
>
> Yes, of course, they are idiots

LOL
I am an idiot because I understand how clocks work
and you don't.
That is priceless.
LOL

--
James M Driscoll Jr
Spaceman

From: hhc314 on
On Jul 13, 12:46 am, Danny Milano <milanoda...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 12:42 pm, Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 12, 8:33 pm, Danny Milano <milanoda...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > I just find ordinary anti-relativists like Pencho, Androcles,
> > > Spaceman boring
>
> > Yes, of course, they are idiots
>
> > >and find Baird interesting as he is perhaps
> > > the only one who publishes an anti-relativity book in the public.
>
> > No, there are many more crackpots like Eric Baird who self-publish
> > their BS . I can give you a long list so you can waste a lot of your
> > money buying their BS "books". Do you want the list?
>
> Yes. They may be good idea to reflect on road to quantum gravity
> which may not use ordinary relativity logic.

OK Danny, in simple layman's terminolgy, why not try to explain
exactly what Quantum Gravity is?

Honesty, I have no idea of what this term means, except that is sounds
like sometime that may have been invented in a sci fi movie or book.

Harry C.

From: Danny Milano on
On Jul 14, 2:49 pm, "hhc...(a)yahoo.com" <hhc...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 12:46 am, Danny Milano <milanoda...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Yes, of course, they are idiots

> > > No, there are many more crackpots like Eric Baird who self-publish
> > > their BS . I can give you a long list so you can waste a lot of your
> > > money buying their BS "books". Do you want the list?
>
> > Yes. They may be good idea to reflect on road to quantum gravity
> > which may not use ordinary relativity logic.
>
> OK Danny, in simple layman's terminolgy, why not try to explain
> exactly what Quantum Gravity is?

Spacetime has continuous structure. Quantum has "now you see it,
now you don't" characteristic. How does spacetime behave in
the quantum realm. You can't have "now you see it, now you
don't spacetime". Because it's no longer our normal spacetime.
String theory covers it by saying at the planck scale, there is the
string and the scale where quantum and spacetime are in
contrast.

Quantum gravity is also about quantum spacetime. It's how
particles being ruled by quantum is coupled to the spacetime
manifold. The reason we don't have quantum gravity is the
reason for the increasing populations of anti-relativists
because when say the minkowski geometry cause time
dilation, length contraction. Relativists can't say what
happens to the particles when different inertial observers
can see different behavior of the same particles. The
coupling is not given in details that's why we have Pentcho
and Spaceman to mess up our newsgroup everyday
because they are very disturbed by this coupling details.
It is possible though that it can't be known because
the spacetime parameter may be an intrinsic part of
the particle like mass, charge, spin, etc. What is
spin? What is charge? There may be no newtonian
correlate just like spacetime parameter of particles.

D.

From: Sam Wormley on
Danny Milano wrote:

> Spacetime has continuous structure.

What "structure" would that be?

Quantum has "now you see it,
> now you don't" characteristic. How does spacetime behave in
> the quantum realm. You can't have "now you see it, now you
> don't spacetime". Because it's no longer our normal spacetime.

What's the difference between "normal spacetime" and "not normal
spacetime"?

> String theory covers it by saying at the planck scale, there is the
> string and the scale where quantum and spacetime are in
> contrast.

I have yet to see "string theory" covering anything.