From: Surfer on

The following paper presents a set of figures (Table 1) that are
compelling evidence for in vacuo light speed anisotropy.

The observed (O) values are from [1]
The predicted (P) values are calculated assuming the speed of light is
truely constant only with respect to a dynamical 3-space.

The agreement is exceptional.

Resolving Spacecraft Earth-Flyby Anomalies with Measured Light Speed
Anisotropy
Cahill R.T.
http://arxiv.org/abs/0804.0039

Abstract

Doppler shift observations of spacecraft, such as Galileo, NEAR,
Cassini, Rosetta and MESSENGER in earth flybys, have all revealed
unexplained speed `anomalies' - that the doppler-shift determined
speeds are inconsistent with expected speeds. Here it is shown that
these speed anomalies are not real and are actually the result of
using an incorrect relationship between the observed doppler shift and
the speed of the spacecraft - a relationship based on the assumption
that the speed of light is isotropic in all frames, i.e. invariant.
Taking account of the repeatedly measured light-speed anisotropy the
anomalies are resolved....

[1] Anderson J.D., Campbell J.K., Ekelund J.E., Ellis J. and Jordan
J.F.,
Anomalous Orbital-Energy Changes Observed during Spaceraft Flybys of
Earth, Phys. Rev. Lett.,
100, 091102, 2008.

From: Eric Gisse on
On Apr 7, 9:57 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:

[snip junk]

We didn't appreciate your infinite shilling for Cahill before, why
would things be any different this time?

Though it was loltastic to see Cahill cite himself 12 times even
though he didn't even do anything worth reading.
From: Dirk Van de moortel on
8e1mv3hchesncksoe9elsih1o6nrm8alu4(a)4ax.com

http://www.scieng.flinders.edu.au/cpes/people/cahill_r/

http://www.scieng.flinders.edu.au/cpes/people/cahill_r/Steene.pdf
| "Flinders University theoretical physicist Reg Cahill has
| turned the scientific world on its ear by claiming he has
| found science's Holy Grail - the fabled Theory of
| Everything."

Dirk Vdm

From: Surfer on
On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 23:49:32 -0700 (PDT), Eric Gisse
<jowr.pi(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>We didn't appreciate your infinite shilling for Cahill before, why
>would things be any different this time?

This time he has data from the following source.

Phys. Rev. Lett., 100, 091102, 2008.

"Anomalous Orbital-Energy Changes Observed during Spaceraft Flybys of
Earth"
Anderson J.D., Campbell J.K., Ekelund J.E., Ellis J. and Jordan J.F.,
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology,
Pasadena, California 91109, USA.
, Phys. Rev. Lett.,
100, 091102, 2008.

I see no reason to distrust this data.

If the data is correct and his predictions match the data, how could
he be wrong?

From: Dono on
On Apr 7, 10:57 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
<snip junk>

Oh, go away