From: Surfer on
On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:21:27 -0700 (PDT), Dono <sa_ge(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>1. The paper By Anderson makes no claim to light speed anisotropy as
>explanation of the anomalous changes.

The possibility of a light speed anomaly is mentioned in here:

The Energy Transfer Process in Planetary Flybys
John D. Anderson, James K. Campbell, Michael Martin Nieto
http://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0608087

First paragraph of "4. Discussion"

From: Surfer on
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:25:13 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
<Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On Apr 12, 12:18�am, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:18:48 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>>

>> <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>> >Since when is time dilation a prediction of emission theory?
>>
>> I was discussing experiment. Not theory.
>> Time dilation is an experimentally observed phenomenon.
>
>So is the constancy of the speed of light.

It depends on how you define your space and time coordinates.
If you assume the speed of light is constant (in vacuum) and use the
radar method to define the coordinates, then when you measure the
speed of light in those coordinates, then it will of course be
constant. That is usually the most convenient way to do things, but it
is not the only way. Hence:

Paragraph 2, Page 3
http://arxiv.org/abs/0804.0039

"The repeated detection of the anisotropy of the speed of light is not
in conflict with the results and consequences of Special Relativity
(SR), although at face value it appears to be in conflict with
Einstein�s 1905 postulate that the speed of light is an invariant in
vacuum. However this contradiction is more apparent than real, for one
needs to realise that the space and time coordinates used in the
standard SR Einstein formalism are constructed to make the speed of
light invariant wrt those special coordinates. To achieve that
observers in relative motion must then relate their space and time
coordinates by a Lorentz transformation that mixes space and time
coordinates - but this is only an artifact of this formalism. Of
course in the SR formalism one of the frames of reference could have
always been designated as the observable one. Such an ontologically
real frame of reference, only in which the speed of light is
isotropic, has been detected for over 120 years. The usual literal
interpretation of the 1905 Einstein postulate, viz that �the speed of
light in vacuum is invariant�, is actually experimentally shown to be
false."

In connection with the above, an interesting question is with respect
to what coordinate system are the trajectories of spacecraft defined?

Are they defined with respect to a coordinate system set up by humans
using the radar system that assumes (and hence ensures) a constant
speed of light?

Or are the trajectories defined by Nature, independently of what
humans decide?

From: Dono on
On Apr 11, 11:18 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 07:21:27 -0700 (PDT), Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>

> >1. The paper By Anderson makes no claim to light speed anisotropy as
> >explanation of the anomalous changes.
>
> The possibility of a light speed anomaly is mentioned in here:
>
> The Energy Transfer Process in Planetary Flybys
> John D. Anderson, James K. Campbell, Michael Martin Nietohttp://arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0608087
>
> First paragraph of "4. Discussion"

....no connection with Rag's "paper"
From: Dono on
On Apr 12, 12:08 am, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:

> Paragraph 2, Page 3http://arxiv.org/abs/0804.0039
>
> "The repeated detection of the anisotropy of the speed of light ....

....never happened, asswipe. Stop making up things, all the experiments
designed to detect it came up null withing the error bars. Stop
sucking to Rag.
From: Surfer on
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:31:45 -0700 (PDT), Dono <sa_ge(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>> "The repeated detection of the anisotropy of the speed of light ....
>
>... all the experiments
>designed to detect it came up null withing the error bars.

It depends on how the experiments are analysed.
Opinions differ, as you know.