From: Jerry on
On Apr 11, 1:59 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:42:55 -0700 (PDT), Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >His "equation 7" is nothing but ballistic theory as applied to the
> >Ives-Stilwell experiment...
>
> There is a significant difference. The Ives-Stilwell experiment
> attempted to measure the doppler shift of photons emitted from fast
> moving hydrogen atoms.
> However, the hydrogen atoms would experience time dilation which would
> affect the frequency of the emitted photons.
>
> Now if the speed of light varies with direction, then time dilation
> will also vary with direction, and if these effects cancel the
> variable speed of light would be completely hidden.

Since when is time dilation a prediction of emission theory?

> In contrast, when radar doppler shift is used to measure the speed of
> space craft, the radar signal is simply reflected from the spacecraft,
> so is immune to spacecraft time dilation effects.
>
> That difference could explain why anisotropy in the speed of light is
> so clearly observed in the spacecraft case.

What a hodgepodge of inconsistent concepts!!!

Jerry
From: Dono on
On Apr 11, 12:18 pm, Jerry <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 1:59 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:42:55 -0700 (PDT), Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net>
> > wrote:
>
> > >His "equation 7" is nothing but ballistic theory as applied to the
> > >Ives-Stilwell experiment...
>
> > There is a significant difference. The Ives-Stilwell experiment
> > attempted to measure the doppler shift of photons emitted from fast
> > moving hydrogen atoms.
> > However, the hydrogen atoms would experience time dilation which would
> > affect the frequency of the emitted photons.
>
> > Now if the speed of light varies with direction, then time dilation
> > will also vary with direction, and if these effects cancel the
> > variable speed of light would be completely hidden.
>
> Since when is time dilation a prediction of emission theory?
>
> > In contrast, when radar doppler shift is used to measure the speed of
> > space craft, the radar signal is simply reflected from the spacecraft,
> > so is immune to spacecraft time dilation effects.
>
> > That difference could explain why anisotropy in the speed of light is
> > so clearly observed in the spacecraft case.
>
> What a hodgepodge of inconsistent concepts!!!
>
> Jerry

:-) :-)

He/she is fishing , trying to help dear Rag Cahill debug his
"paper" :-)
From: Surfer on
On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:18:48 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
<Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>On Apr 11, 1:59�pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:42:55 -0700 (PDT), Dono <sa...(a)comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >His "equation 7" is nothing but ballistic theory as applied to the
>> >Ives-Stilwell experiment...
>>
>> There is a significant difference. The Ives-Stilwell experiment
>> attempted to measure the doppler shift of photons emitted from fast
>> moving hydrogen atoms.
>> However, the hydrogen atoms would experience time dilation which would
>> affect the frequency of the emitted photons.
>>
>> Now if the speed of light varies with direction, then time dilation
>> will also vary with direction, and if these effects cancel the
>> variable speed of light would be completely hidden.
>
>Since when is time dilation a prediction of emission theory?

I was discussing experiment. Not theory.
Time dilation is an experimentally observed phenomenon.

From: Jerry on
On Apr 12, 12:18 am, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:18:48 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>

> <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Apr 11, 1:59 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:

> >> There is a significant difference. The Ives-Stilwell experiment
> >> attempted to measure the doppler shift of photons emitted from fast
> >> moving hydrogen atoms.
> >> However, the hydrogen atoms would experience time dilation which would
> >> affect the frequency of the emitted photons.
>
> >> Now if the speed of light varies with direction, then time dilation
> >> will also vary with direction, and if these effects cancel the
> >> variable speed of light would be completely hidden.
>
> >Since when is time dilation a prediction of emission theory?
>
> I was discussing experiment. Not theory.
> Time dilation is an experimentally observed phenomenon.

So is the constancy of the speed of light.

Jerry
From: Dono on
On Apr 11, 10:18 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:18:48 -0700 (PDT), Jerry
>

> <Cephalobus_alie...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >On Apr 11, 1:59 pm, Surfer <n...(a)spam.please.net> wrote:

> >> There is a significant difference. The Ives-Stilwell experiment
> >> attempted to measure the doppler shift of photons emitted from fast
> >> moving hydrogen atoms.
> >> However, the hydrogen atoms would experience time dilation which would
> >> affect the frequency of the emitted photons.
>
> >> Now if the speed of light varies with direction, then time dilation
> >> will also vary with direction, and if these effects cancel the
> >> variable speed of light would be completely hidden.
>
> >Since when is time dilation a prediction of emission theory?
>
> I was discussing experiment. Not theory.
> Time dilation is an experimentally observed phenomenon.

....that is, provided you understand the relativistic Doppler effect
and its manifestations. Which neither you, nor Rag understand :-)