From: Roger O on
On Aug 31, 3:43 pm, oc_forums <oliviercolin...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Avivi,
>
> Generally speaking looking for something in comp.lang.tcl
> using "search in this group" will search in the 1 or 2 latest
> pages... Do this for me since weeks, and it is necessary
> to use the normal google... Seems that comp.lang.tcl cannot
> be used as an encyclopedia anymore ?!
>
> But talking about BLT, it seems that compatibility
> with 8.5 is no more a problem here :
>
> http://pdqi.com/w/pw/pdqi/Wize/Blt
>
> It seems the most advanced project including BLT and Tcl/Tk 8.5 ?
>
> Or did I made a dream ...!!

I have tried to look at this, but I cannot say that it works. Oddly,
there are many demo programs in it, for things like snack, ted
editors, and what not. Beyond the blt table, I could not seem to get
to any of the blt things to see if/how they worked. It is all very
hidden. And it is only the static linked wize binary that is available
for Linux. No BLT library.

So, it is surely promising that this is happening. But it is all too
closed at this time to assess the status of BLT outside of wize.
Unless I missed where everything was.

From: oc_forums on
Hi Roger,

> I have tried to look at this, but I cannot say that it works.

You can try this on Windows XP :

- download wize-windows.2.3.zip
- unzip, go to the unzipped directory where you can see
wize.exe with a nice TclPro icon ...
- Go to http://wiki.tcl.tk/15000 take the first example for instance
copy/paste in a mytest.tcl and zip it
- Take the mytest.zip and put it on wize.exe and the example works

This is what I did, but did'nt work for the latest example "Function
plotting using",
I don't know why yet.

> there are many demo programs in it, for things like snack, ted
> editors, and what not. Beyond the blt table, I could not seem to get
> to any of the blt things to see if/how they worked.

Yes it is not very flexible to use but from from the page
http://pdqi.com/w/pw/pdqi/Wize/Blt
you can see the work done on vector and MATRIX !!

Considering that also George Howlett is also working on it, and
certainly others , it
is anyway very positive as BLT is still alive.

O.
From: Roger O on
On Sep 1, 2:29 pm, oc_forums <oliviercolin...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> > I have tried to look at this, but I cannot say that it works.
>
> You can try this on Windows XP :
>
> - download wize-windows.2.3.zip
> - unzip, go to the unzipped directory where you can see
>   wize.exe with a nice TclPro icon ...
> - Go tohttp://wiki.tcl.tk/15000take the first example for instance
>   copy/paste in a mytest.tcl and zip it
> - Take the mytest.zip and put it on wize.exe and the example works
>
> This is what I did, but did'nt work for the latest example "Function
> plotting using",
> I don't know why yet.
>
> > there are many demo programs in it, for things like snack, ted
> > editors, and what not. Beyond the blt table, I could not seem to get
> > to any of the blt things to see if/how they worked.
>
> Yes it is not very flexible to use but from from the pagehttp://pdqi.com/w/pw/pdqi/Wize/Blt
> you can see the work done on vector and MATRIX !!
>
> Considering that also George Howlett is also working on it, and
> certainly others , it
> is anyway very positive as BLT is still alive.
>
> O.

I tried the first test, and indeed it worked. There were complaints
about the third test, but perhaps that is a bad example.

I did see blt source in http://wize.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wize/wize2/wize/blt2.4/
but I cannot tell if that is what was used to build this. I would be
very happy to be a tester of this code to see how it is progressing. I
use it in a mixture of Tcl and C. The C interface is via the Blt
vector C interface. How does one go about volunteering to help test?
From: oc_forums on

> vector C interface. How does one go about volunteering to help test?

I can't, I not a programmer at all except when using Tcl/Tk !!

O.

From: yusuke on
I also tried wize.

wize shell says:
% set tcl_patchLevel
8.5a5

It seems wize uses the "dirty" patch below:
http://reddog.s35.xrea.com/wiki/A%20Stub-enabled%20BLT2.4z%20for%20Windows.html

You can't apply this patch to stable 8.5.