From: jonz on
jonz wrote:
> hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
> perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
> (driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
> installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
> plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
thnx for the input, tried changing ports, new usb drivers, cleaned and
defragged registry....no bulging or leaking caps...system now running
faster and smoother....but still BSOD, finally found a driver (modem) on
ftp, but wont install properly.....:^(.......time for a new part
methinks....

--
jonz
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
From: Rob on
jonz wrote:
> jonz wrote:
>> hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
>> perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
>> (driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
>> installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
>> plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> thnx for the input, tried changing ports, new usb drivers, cleaned and
> defragged registry....no bulging or leaking caps...system now running
> faster and smoother....but still BSOD, finally found a driver (modem) on
> ftp, but wont install properly.....:^(.......time for a new part
> methinks....

have you tried to so a Microsoft Fixit 50028 for the USB ports?
From: . on

"ArseClown" <4vs5g6g34e(a)4ge56r6e4.org> wrote in message
> 4ae7d5b5$1(a)dnews.tpgi.com.au
>
> jonz wrote:
>
>> jonz wrote:
>>> hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
>>> perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
>>> (driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
>>> installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
>>> plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.
>> thnx for the input, tried changing ports, new usb drivers, cleaned and
>> defragged registry....no bulging or leaking caps...system now running
>> faster and smoother....but still BSOD, finally found a driver (modem) on
>> ftp, but wont install properly.....:^(.......time for a new part
>> methinks....
>>

> You're definitely getting smarter Katherine. Nice one....

She`s educating you bonehead!!

http://mensa.org.au/?q=faq/iq