From: jonz on
hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
(driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.
--
jonz
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
From: Clocky on

"jonz" <fj40(a)diesel.com> wrote in message
> hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
> perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
> (driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
> installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
> plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.

Bad caps.

From: . on

"jonz" <fj40(a)diesel.com> wrote in message
> hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
> perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
> (driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
> installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
> plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.
> --
> jonz
> "Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,
> difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind -
> boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." - Gene
> Spafford,1992

It may be trying to share an IRQ
with another device, that doesn`t
like sharing.
You might have to go into your
BIOS, and change the disagreeing
devices` IRQ, if this can`t be done
in Windows.

HTH

From: Doug Jewell on
jonz wrote:
> hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
> perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
> (driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
> installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
> plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.
IME irql not less or equal is usaually from a crook USB port
or driver, or a device attached to USB has a crook driver.
From your description it seems to be related to the DSL200.
I'd start by checking you have the latest mainboard drivers
for your USB ports, and getting the latest driver for the
modem.
Many mainboards have multiple USB interfaces with an
internal hub on each so that each I/F has 2-4 ports, so it
may be useful to plug it into another port.
Problem could also be that your mainboard is starting to die
- could be bad caps.

--
What is the difference between a duck?
From: Rob on
jonz wrote:
> hi, modem died,so i fired up my spare one (dlink dsl200) working
> perfectly, except with utorrent....runs fine for about 1 min.then bsod
> (driver irql not less or equal) tried reinstalling modem driver and
> installed driver upgrade for video card, reseated mem.,cards, and
> plugs....no joy.....:^(....any ideas?.thnx.

what error message do you get when the BSOD comes up? Thats if you have
asked it to pause on that screen.