From: TomYoung on
..(and if I'm remembering this correctly), if "today's" closing stock
price was unchanged from "yesterday's" closing price then "today's"
closing price would show up with "est" alongside. Deleting "today's"
closing price and then typing in the unchanged "today's" closing price
didn't remove the "est." However, there was a key combination {CTRL}
- * (?), {Shift}-* (?) that would eliminate the "est", meaning you
didn't have to go through the process of typing in a new (changed)
"today's" closing price and then typing in a new "today's" (unchanged)
closing price in order to get a price that was unchanged without the
"est."

That key combination seems to have been lost with the migration to
Windows, or at least it's never worked for me. Is there a magic key
combination in Windows Quicken that replicates the action of the DOS
Quicken?

Tom Young
From: Bruce on
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:58:50 -0700 (PDT), TomYoung <sombodee(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>.(and if I'm remembering this correctly), if "today's" closing stock
>price was unchanged from "yesterday's" closing price then "today's"
>closing price would show up with "est" alongside. Deleting "today's"
>closing price and then typing in the unchanged "today's" closing price
>didn't remove the "est." However, there was a key combination {CTRL}
>- * (?), {Shift}-* (?) that would eliminate the "est", meaning you
>didn't have to go through the process of typing in a new (changed)
>"today's" closing price and then typing in a new "today's" (unchanged)
>closing price in order to get a price that was unchanged without the
>"est."
>
>That key combination seems to have been lost with the migration to
>Windows, or at least it's never worked for me. Is there a magic key
>combination in Windows Quicken that replicates the action of the DOS
>Quicken?
>
>Tom Young

I use a very old Quicken for Windows but last time I tried the
combination was Ctrl-Z.

Bruce.
From: TomYoung on
On Jun 9, 8:47 pm, Bruce <b6838...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:58:50 -0700 (PDT), TomYoung <sombo...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >.(and if I'm remembering this correctly), if "today's" closing stock
> >price was unchanged from "yesterday's" closing price then "today's"
> >closing price would show up with "est" alongside.  Deleting "today's"
> >closing price and then typing in the unchanged "today's" closing price
> >didn't remove the "est."  However, there was a key combination {CTRL}
> >- * (?), {Shift}-* (?)  that would eliminate the "est", meaning you
> >didn't have to go through the process of typing in a new (changed)
> >"today's" closing price and then typing in a new "today's" (unchanged)
> >closing price in order to get a price that was unchanged without the
> >"est."
>
> >That key combination seems to have been lost with the migration to
> >Windows, or at least it's never worked for me.  Is there a magic key
> >combination in Windows Quicken that replicates the action of the DOS
> >Quicken?
>
> >Tom Young
>
> I use a very old Quicken for Windows but last time I tried the
> combination was Ctrl-Z.
>
> Bruce.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately in my very current Quicken for
Windows {CTRL} - z doesn't do anything.

Tom Young
From: Art McClinton on
The meaning of control Z within Quicken is set in the Quicken Preferences
Setup. It appears the default is to set Control Z to the Windows definition
which is undo.

Art