From: trvlnmny on
New Finding. I actually have 2 Q files. One is my personal file and
the other is for an organization that I am treasurer of. This second
file is not very active but I did do a backup of that file today.
Guess what? I still get the message there. I also did a backup of my
personal file and that did not produce the message.
It seems to indicate that it is a switch carried in the file not in Q
preferences.
From: Nobody on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:01:26 -0500, "John Pollard"
<8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>trvlnmny wrote:
>> I am using w XP & Q 2010.
>> Periodically I back up my Q data to an external device. I am used to
>> getting a message saying 'Backup Complete' or words meaning that. I am
>> no longer receiving that message. I have checked Preferences but do
>> not see anything that controls that. does anyone know how that is
>> controlled as I would like to have it back? It is probably right in
>> front of me but I am unable to see it. Advanced age I guess.
>
>Intuit removed the message because some users, who backed up many times a
>day, didn't want to keep seeing, and having to respond to, the message.

Quicken Home & Business (Canadian version) 2010 Release R 2 generates
the "backup complete" prompt... as of 30 secs ago.
From: Jerry Boyle on

"trvlnmny" <trvlnmny(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> New Finding. I actually have 2 Q files. One is my personal file and
> the other is for an organization that I am treasurer of. This second
> file is not very active but I did do a backup of that file today.
> Guess what? I still get the message there. I also did a backup of my
> personal file and that did not produce the message.
> It seems to indicate that it is a switch carried in the file not in Q
> preferences.

You didn't mention what version of Quicken, but it doesn't really matter.
This finding pretty much proves that the only current way to recover the
lost message is to restore a backup Quicken DB copy that still had it and
then reenter all subsequent activity. Not very practical in most cases, but
that's the way it is.

Thanks! You probably saved several people a lot of useless discussion and
experimentation.

Jerry

From: Notan on
On 4/30/2010 10:00 PM, Nobody wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:01:26 -0500, "John Pollard"
> <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> trvlnmny wrote:
>>> I am using w XP& Q 2010.
>>> Periodically I back up my Q data to an external device. I am used to
>>> getting a message saying 'Backup Complete' or words meaning that. I am
>>> no longer receiving that message. I have checked Preferences but do
>>> not see anything that controls that. does anyone know how that is
>>> controlled as I would like to have it back? It is probably right in
>>> front of me but I am unable to see it. Advanced age I guess.
>>
>> Intuit removed the message because some users, who backed up many times a
>> day, didn't want to keep seeing, and having to respond to, the message.
>

> Quicken Home& Business (Canadian version) 2010 Release R 2 generates
> the "backup complete" prompt... as of 30 secs ago.

Until you choose to not see it... Then, as many have written, it's gone
forever!