From: dgrnyc@yahoo.com on
I just bought a used Dell Latitude D800 and have installed Windows XP
Pro and Service Pack 2. I have downloaded the appropriate drivers from
Dell's support site and installed them. However, Device Manager still
shows one big yellow question mark item under Other devices which is
labeled Base System Device. What piece of hardware is this and which
driver do I need to install?

Thanks for any help.

Daniel

From: Basill on
Did you install the chipset drivers first ?

From: dgrnyc@yahoo.com on
Thanks for the tip. That was it. I had installed the chipset driver,
but not the smartcard driver. Once I installed the smartcard driver,
everything was fine.

Daniel