From: Yousuf Khan on
Igor Batinic wrote:
> Next time you want to press the "send" button, please, re-read and
> re-think again.

I stand by my assertion, I've had different experiences than you. You
need to get some experience and follow your own advice.

> With best regards,

Right.

Yousuf Khan
From: Yousuf Khan on
Rod Speed wrote:
> Ian D wrote
>> I would be looking at your PC's power supply. There is a very
>> brief delay between the loss of power, and the UPS switchover
>> to battery power.
>
> Not with continuous UPSs, there is no delay at all with those.
>
> Essentially the PC is running off the UPS output all the time and
> the only thing that changes with the mains failure is that the UPS
> isnt being charged anymore and runs off the battery instead.

If the battery is not holding a charge anymore, then it will die right
away whether it is an online or standby PS.

Yousuf Khan
From: Rod Speed on
Yousuf Khan wrote
> Mike Ruskai wrote

>> If you insist that your claim about UPS's being junk is not
>> ridiculous, then provide some model numbers or brands/capacities
>> that you've tried. Even the very inexpensive 1100VA Belkin unit I
>> started with several years back worked better than you describe.

> You sound like you work for a UPS company,

Nope.

> otherwise why are you so invested in it?

Presumably he believes that the claim that all UPSs are junk is mindlessly silly.

> Just accept that people have different experiences than you, and move on.

Separate matter entirely to the stupid claim that all UPSs are junk.

From: Rod Speed on
Yousuf Khan wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> Ian D wrote

>>> I would be looking at your PC's power supply. There is a very brief delay between the loss of power, and the UPS
>>> switchover to battery power.

>> Not with continuous UPSs, there is no delay at all with those.

>> Essentially the PC is running off the UPS output all the time and
>> the only thing that changes with the mains failure is that the UPS
>> isnt being charged anymore and runs off the battery instead.

> If the battery is not holding a charge anymore, then it will die right away whether it is an online or standby PS.

Yes, but that is an entirely separate matter
to what he said about the PC power supply.

From: Igor Batinic on
Hi!

Yousuf Khan wrote:
> Igor Batinic wrote:
>> Next time you want to press the "send" button, please, re-read and
>> re-think again.
>
> I stand by my assertion, I've had different experiences than you. You
> need to get some experience and follow your own advice.

It seems that I have a lot more experience than you have. From my point
of view (ant not only mine, as it seems) you've never seen a real UPS in
life. Maybe not even a picture of it.

With best regards,

Iggy