From: .Len B on
Thanks Jeanette
That's effectively what I did (twice).
I zipped the mdb(once).
Open normal and compact. Close.
Open cmd prompt and navigate to dir containing msaccess.exe
msaccess /decompile s:\...\my.mdb Close.
Open again. Compact. Compile menu option grey.

I've got 97, 2000, 2003 on my system.
Think I'll create some shortcuts too.
I'll put a copy of your notes in my reference files. Thanks.
--
Len
remove nothing for valid email address.
"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Here is my decompile procedure.
| However it is quite a long time since I have needed to do a decompile.
|
| Here is my decompile procedure...
| ----start of decompile notes-----------
| Open Access normally and Compact
| Open with Decompile switch, then close
| Open Access normally and compact again
| Do a compile and save all
| Compact again
|
| All of the above on a *copy* of the file. If all goes well I replace
the
| original with the copy.
|
| To decompile, I usually go via Start => Run...
| "C:\Program Files\...etc...\MSACCESS.EXE" /decompile
"C:\MyFolder\MyDb.mdb"
| After this, compile again.
| Steve Schapel
|
| "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE"
|
| A shortcut named something like Access Decompile can be created one
time,
| and then used to open any database. A database that you open with this
| shortcut will be decompiled. For example, I have
| three such shortcuts that I created for my PC, since I have Access 97,
2000
| and 2002 loaded on my machine. I find this a lot easier than typing out
the
| path in the Start => Run... dialog each time.
|
| Name:
| Access 97 Decompile
| Target:
| "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 97\Office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
|
| Name:
| Access 2000 Decompile
| Target:
| "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2000\Office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
|
| Name:
| Access 2002 Decompile
| Target:
| "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office XP\Office10\msaccess.exe" /decompile
|

| "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\MSACCESS.EXE" /decompile
| ---------------------------
| Tom
|
| Thanks a lot, Tom, for this good suggestion. However, I personally
don't
| "type out the path in the Start => Run... dialog each time". I just
select
| the item I want from the combobox on the Start => Run dialog. :-)
|
| -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP
|
| I tend to use the Clear button on the Advanced tab of the Taskbar and
Start
| Menu Properties dialog fairly often. Call me paranoid, but I don't like
| leave snail trails that others can use to snoop around and see what
I've
| been up to. So, in my case, that would mean having to retype it each
time
| (or search for the correct version of msaccess.exe and drag-n-drop it
onto
| the Start => Run dialog.
| Tom
| --end of decompile notes-----------
|
| ".Len B" <gonehome(a)internode0.on0.net> wrote in message
| >I was surprised to see that the code was compiled after I had just
| > done a decompile. I wondered if it really did decompile.
| >
| > --
| > Len
| > ______________________________________________________
| > remove nothing for valid email address.
| > "Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| > | When Compile is greyed out, all the code is compiled.
| > | Once you start to edit some of the code, it will become uncompiled.
| > | We usually click Debug | Compile every time we make a change to
some
| > code.
| > | Then we always click Save to save the code.
| > | Or you can do it in the reverse order.
| > |
| > |
| > | Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia
| > |
| > |

From: .Len B on
Thanks everyone for your perseverance.
The decompile must have worked because the event is now
firing consistently!!!!!