From: Larry Serflaten on

"Rick Rothstein" <rick.newsNO.SPAM(a)NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote
> Thank goodness Microsoft is dumping newsgroups and moving us to forums where
> there never is such problems.<g>

So instead of seeing two identical posts in one group, we'd get the identical post
in two (or more) groups...

.... six of one and half a dozen of another.

<g>
LFS

From: Tony Toews on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:31:19 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>In that case, I'd just test for existence first, then pass it to that
>PathQualify function I already posted.

Thanks muchly for steering me in this direction. Code implemented.

BTW, not that you care <smile> but my utility is now up to 1932 lines
of code in the API module alone.

Tony
From: David Kaye on
Tony Toews <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>Yes, the file must exist.

Uh... DIR (filename$) ?

Am I missing something here?

From: Karl E. Peterson on
It happens that Tony Toews formulated :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:31:19 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>> In that case, I'd just test for existence first, then pass it to that
>> PathQualify function I already posted.
>
> Thanks muchly for steering me in this direction. Code implemented.

Cool.

> BTW, not that you care <smile> but my utility is now up to 1932 lines
> of code in the API module alone.

That's all? <bg>

From: Karl E. Peterson on
It happens that David Kaye formulated :
> Tony Toews <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:
>

>> Yes, the file must exist.
>
> Uh... DIR (filename$) ?
>
> Am I missing something here?

Well yeah, that's generally viewed as a problem waiting to happen.