From: Androcles on

"eric gisse" <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> ..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:22:04 -0800, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nospam(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>..@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>Which is all that really matters to you, isn't it?
>>>
>>>You just want to have a giggle. You don't really care about science or
>>>your latest wild assed guess. You just like to pretend you are smarter
>>>than other people, and have a giggle at their apparent expense.
>>>
>>>Yeah, that doesn't look pathetic at all when someone looks at this
>>>behavior and notices it has been going on for ten years.
>>
>> It is not my fault that you are hopelessly indoctrinated.
[...]

From: John Kennaugh on
Androcles wrote:

> [...]
>>>in one unit of time.
>>>At a distance of 2 strings, M/4 photons fall on one square eyeball
>>>in one unit of time.
>>>At a distance of 4 strings, M/16 photons fall on one square eyeball
>>>in one unit of time.
>>>At a distance of 5 strings, only one photon falls on one square eyeball
>>>in one unit of time.
>>>At a distance of 6 strings, only one photon falls on one square eyeball
>>>and it takes more than one unit of time for it to happen, so the exposure
>>>time has to be increased.
>>>But at 7 strings the star is so faint it can only be seen as part of
>>>galaxy,
>>>and stars that are part of galaxies are circling.
>>>That means the light they emit is travelling at c+v as they approach
>>>and c-v as they recede. Being 7 strings away, the fast light emitted
>>>later catches up with the slow light emitted earlier, like this:
>>> http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Doolin'sStar.GIF
>>>For most of the time, most of the stars are Wilson-Sekerin time
>>>expanded and red-shifted. (Wilson saw it before I did and Sekerin
>>>knew about it.) Occasionally the star will appear to go nova
>>>as the blue shifted photons arrive, but this doesn't last long.
>>
>> I am trying to understand what you are saying. I see from your diagram
>> that if light speed is source dependent it will result in redshift most of
>> the time and blue shift for a much shorter period (on the diagram marked
>> region of reversal). Questions arising.
>
>That's right.
>

>> 1/ What is the time scale between reversals? i.e. something which could be
>> observed or is the time scale so long it exceeds the period we have been
>> able to observe.
>
>What is the period of a galaxy and how far away is it?
>Let's say it's a million years to make one complete orbit.
>You have to position yourself somewhere on the vertical
>scale and sit there for a million years to see one cycle for one
>star. Let's say you see it red for 550,000 years and
>blue for 450,000 years.
>Then choose a further position and sit there for another
>million years. This time you see it red for 600,000 years
>and blue for 400,000 years.
>But that's just one star, they are all doing it at a different
>phase. So the overall effect is more dull red than bright
>blue and that increases with distance.
>

>> 2/ Surely a galaxy which is edge-on would give a large redshift while one
>> face-on very little. Applying conventional interpretation 'distant'
>> galaxies' would be edge on while 'near' galaxies would be face on - I
>> would have thought that would be noticed.
>
>See for yourself:
> http://harleyk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/HubbleDeepFieldL.jpg
> http://www.stsci.edu/ftp/science/hdf/DetailWF4.gif
> http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/universe/images/tour_ggs_hdf_l.jpg
>I count as much blue as I do red in those images, but you be the judge.

If anything I see the more blue smaller objects - if small = further
away then that is the opposite of what BB says, however it doesn't show
my point either. Your explanation for producing red shift requires that
a galaxy is rotating and viewed edge on. Edge on galaxies do not appear
in these pictures to be any redder than face on galaxies - or am I
missing something?

>> 3/ I'm a little confused in that you say that "Occasionally the star will
>> appear to go nova" but your argument seems to hinge on the idea that you
>> can no longer see individual stars only the galaxy as a whole.
>>
>When one star reaches its maximum output it'll shine above the rest.
>This gives astronomers a distance clue, they have very little else to
>work with other than magnitude. Parallax only works locally and not
>at all for galaxies. Even the nearest, M31 in Andromeda or the Megallanic
>clouds, are only approximated. The estimate for M31 is 2.0 +/- 0.5
>million light years. Astronomy is a very imprecise science when it
>comes to distance.

>>>The bullets are from a machine gun mounted on a crank.
>>> http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Engine.gif
>>>If you are far enough away a cluster of bullets will arrive in bursts
>>>and then there will be a lull in the rate of slow bullet arrival.

>>>5/ a photon's speed is relative to the source.

>>>We can ignore 1,2,3 and 4, the logical answer is 5.
>>>Even with its false colour, this image doesn't show Hubble's red shift
>>>for all galaxies.
>>> http://harleyk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/HubbleDeepFieldL.jpg
>>>I conclude Hubble was cherry-picking his galaxies to suit his theory.
>>
>> I assume that Hubble's 'law' was formulated by correlating distances
>> measured using parallax with redshift giving a limited data-base with
>> increasing "error bars" with distance.
>>
>>>The universe is infinite, the big bonk is a fantasy.
>>
>> OTOH I can't think of a good reason why it should be static.
>
>A static population is one where the number of births equals the
>number of deaths, it doesn't mean individuals live forever.

>The steady state universe is infinite in both time and space, but
>individual stars are born and die. Where the clouds of matter that
>form stars comes from is not known, but they are definitely there.
> http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap970119.html

OK you have some system of constantly re-cycling what is there

>Grasping the infinite is difficult from most people, but the
>opposite, a finite universe, is anathema. What is outside it but
>more nothing, and beyond the edge of the furthest galaxy
>why can't there be another galaxy? I can always add one to
>the highest number there is.

We are in deep philosophical waters here. To me nothing can be infinite
or putting it another way the only thing which can be infinite is
nothing or nothingness itself.

One may perhaps contemplate an infinite nothingness - space. In fact it
is difficult, if not impossible, to contemplate a finite space as one is
then left with the question if space is finite what limits it, what is
beyond it? What contains it? One ends up with "turtles all the way
down".

Perhaps us and what we can see (our universe) is occupying an
infinitesimal part of that infinite nothingness. One may speculate that
there is more to our "universe" than we can actually see, other objects
too far from us to observe. One can contemplate the idea that if we
travel in our imagination far enough we would pass the last galaxy and
see nothingness in front of us and see our 'universe' getting smaller
behind us. The problem with that is one would assume that energy is
constantly escaping from our universe into the infinite nothingness so
it has a finite life which would imply a beginning unless there is a
constant energy input replenishing the energy lost.

One might contemplate that our bit of the infinite nothingness is
typical of the rest and there is an infinite universe with an infinite
number of galaxies so that the energy lost is gained from elsewhere.
While that is a simple solution it is hard to contemplate if one
realises what *infinity* means which brings me full circle that to me
nothing can be infinite. I offer no solutions.

>> Suppose the entire universe is rotating.
>
>That's impossible for me to imagine. It implies a centre of rotation
>and we would be at it.

not necessarily. You don't have to be at the centre of a carousel to be
effected by rotation.

>Geocentricity went out with Copernicus and is
>illogical.
>
>> The further from the centre of rotation a galaxy is the larger its speed
>> and the greater its transverse Doppler.
>
>Simply not observed

Red shift increasing with distance? I appreciate you are not convinced
but the majority of physics is.

> and anyway the galaxies are independent
>of each other.

so are ants on the earth it doesn't mean the earth isn't rotating and
that the ants do not share that rotation.

>You couldn't even get water going down the kitchen
>sink to do that, it would drag against the side walls. Drop some
>corks or styrofoam crumbs in and watch.

????

>> Note that emission theory predicts the same transverse Doppler as SR.
>
>Note that emission theory predicts NO transverse Doppler, the
>opposite of SR.

Wrong - see below.

> http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/figures/img110.gif
>That's as far blueshifted as you can get and proof Einstein was a
>ranting lunatic. It is also proof that he knew what a vector is, but
>only when it suited him.
>Where do you get these outlandish ideas from?

Simple mathematics.

X---->v

Y T

In order for light leaving X to hit T it has to set out in the direction
XY where YT = vt. The photons have a component of velocity c in the
direction XY and a component v in the X direction such that the
resultant is in the direction XT. What you have is a velocity triangle
XY = c YT = v so

the velocity X-T = Sqr( c^2 - v^2) by pythag
So Sqr( c^2 - v^2) = F' x L
But c = Fo x L (L = wavelength)
So F'/Fo = Sqr( c^2 - v^2)/c = Sqr(1 - v^2/c^2)

If X is orbiting T it is always orthogonal and the light reaching T is
not travelling at c so is Doppler shifted. None of that exotic "time
dilation" nonsense but genuine Doppler shift the result of a simple
velocity triangle.

It is possibly easier to see if observed from The IFoR in which the
light is emitted in which, according to emission theory, light travels
every which way at c

Y T
v<---

Light leaves O when O is orthogonal w.r.t T but when it reaches T, T is
at Y and has a component of motion away from X which will result in
lower frequency. Of course if the source is in orbit around Y it is
constantly changing its IFoR and will no longer be in the IFoR of O (the
IFor in which the light was emitted) when light reaches Y.

Waldron's ballistic theory gives a slightly different result as his
theory is basically a photon theory rather than a wave theory. He
calculates the same change of velocity as above but uses the change in
velocity to calculate the energy of the photon reaching T. He
calculates the Transverse Doppler shift as

f'/fo = (1 - v^2/(2.c^2))

which differs only in forth order v/c term.

>> Everything in the universe appears to be rotating or orbiting around
>> something else. If the universe as a whole is not rotating it is unique in
>> that respect. If it is rotating then transverse redshift would increase
>> with distance.
>
>If everything revolves around something else then something else revolves
>around everything.
> http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Orbit/barycentre.gif

velocity is relative but rotation is absolute. How would we know if the
entire universe had a rotation about its centre of gravity?

--
John Kennaugh

From: Androcles on

> Androcles wrote:
>>
>>"John Kennaugh" <JKNG(a)notworking.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> I am trying to understand what you are saying. I see from your diagram
>>> that if light speed is source dependent it will result in redshift most
>>> of
>>> the time and blue shift for a much shorter period (on the diagram marked
>>> region of reversal). Questions arising.
>>
>>That's right.
>>

>>> 1/ What is the time scale between reversals? i.e. something which could
>>> be
>>> observed or is the time scale so long it exceeds the period we have been
>>> able to observe.
>>
>>What is the period of a galaxy and how far away is it?
>>Let's say it's a million years to make one complete orbit.
>>You have to position yourself somewhere on the vertical
>>scale and sit there for a million years to see one cycle for one
>>star. Let's say you see it red for 550,000 years and
>>blue for 450,000 years.
>>Then choose a further position and sit there for another
>>million years. This time you see it red for 600,000 years
>>and blue for 400,000 years.
>>But that's just one star, they are all doing it at a different
>>phase. So the overall effect is more dull red than bright
>>blue and that increases with distance.
>>

>>> 2/ Surely a galaxy which is edge-on would give a large redshift while
>>> one
>>> face-on very little. Applying conventional interpretation 'distant'
>>> galaxies' would be edge on while 'near' galaxies would be face on - I
>>> would have thought that would be noticed.
>>
>>See for yourself:
>> http://harleyk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/HubbleDeepFieldL.jpg
>> http://www.stsci.edu/ftp/science/hdf/DetailWF4.gif
>> http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/universe/images/tour_ggs_hdf_l.jpg
>>I count as much blue as I do red in those images, but you be the judge.
>
> If anything I see the more blue smaller objects - if small = further
> away then that is the opposite of what BB says,

That would be my conclusion, too. But Hubble would not have
seen those (if small = further away) objects at all, it only became
possible with the advent of the telescope named for him. Hence
his crackpot theory was based on limited data, and like all crackpot
theories it gained popularity when the press got hold of it and placed
Hubble on a pedestal. Now he's a minor god sitting on the right
hand of his Holiness The Eminent Majesty Lord Reverend Saint
Albert Rabbi Einstein, Chief Chrononaut and Prominent Theoretical
Physicist.

> however it doesn't show
> my point either.

> Your explanation for producing red shift requires that
> a galaxy is rotating and viewed edge on.

Not at all. It only requires rotation and SOME angle of inclination
from the celestial plane (face on). Nature is not digital, face on or
edge on, it is analogue with infinite angles in between.

> Edge on galaxies do not appear
> in these pictures to be any redder than face on galaxies - or am I
> missing something?

You've already made the point, if anything you see the more blue smaller
objects - if small = further away then that is the opposite of what BB says.
You tell me what you are missing.

Consider this: some galaxies will be moving away, but not all.

"You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some
of the people all of the time. You cannot fool all of the people
all of the time." -
/quote
"Abraham Lincloln said this."
Actually, no, he didn't (although it is incorrectly widely attributed to
him).
It is originally from the boss of a circus named Barum,who is Lincoln's
friend.
Actually, I think you mean P. T. Barnum of the world famous Ringling Bros.
Barnum and Bailey Circus.
I always thought that although this expression was spoken by Abraham Lincoln
it was actually written by Mark Twain. Any one shed any light on that
theory? "
/unquote
-- WikiAnswers.

>>> 3/ I'm a little confused in that you say that "Occasionally the star
>>> will
>>> appear to go nova" but your argument seems to hinge on the idea that you
>>> can no longer see individual stars only the galaxy as a whole.
>>>
>>When one star reaches its maximum output it'll shine above the rest.
>>This gives astronomers a distance clue, they have very little else to
>>work with other than magnitude. Parallax only works locally and not
>>at all for galaxies. Even the nearest, M31 in Andromeda or the Megallanic
>>clouds, are only approximated. The estimate for M31 is 2.0 +/- 0.5
>>million light years. Astronomy is a very imprecise science when it
>>comes to distance.

>>> I assume that Hubble's 'law' was formulated by correlating distances
>>> measured using parallax with redshift giving a limited data-base with
>>> increasing "error bars" with distance.

>>> OTOH I can't think of a good reason why it should be static.
>>
>>A static population is one where the number of births equals the
>>number of deaths, it doesn't mean individuals live forever.
>

>>The steady state universe is infinite in both time and space, but
>>individual stars are born and die. Where the clouds of matter that
>>form stars comes from is not known, but they are definitely there.
>> http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap970119.html
>
> OK you have some system of constantly re-cycling what is there

Yeah, but it's a mystery where the cloud comes from.
That's why I say there are enough mysteries in Nature
to go around without Man creating more of them.
Science is the observation, investigation and explanation
of natural phenomena, IN THAT ORDER, it is not the
invention of mathematical black holes and then go looking
for them.

>>Grasping the infinite is difficult from most people, but the
>>opposite, a finite universe, is anathema. What is outside it but
>>more nothing, and beyond the edge of the furthest galaxy
>>why can't there be another galaxy? I can always add one to
>>the highest number there is.
>
> We are in deep philosophical waters here. To me nothing can be infinite
> or putting it another way the only thing which can be infinite is
> nothing or nothingness itself.

Ok, it is deeply philosophical, but so what?
"It might be assumed that, for any formal criterion, a set exists whose
members are those objects (and only those objects) that satisfy the
criterion; but this assumption is disproved by a set containing exactly the
sets that are not members of themselves. If such a set qualifies as a member
of itself, it would contradict its own definition as a set containing sets
that are not members of themselves. On the other hand, if such a set is not
a member of itself, it would qualify as a member of itself by the same
definition. This contradiction is Russell's paradox."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_paradox

For 'set' read 'universe'.

The language of physics is mathematics and the rules are logic.

> One may perhaps contemplate an infinite nothingness - space. In fact it
> is difficult, if not impossible, to contemplate a finite space as one is
> then left with the question if space is finite what limits it, what is
> beyond it? What contains it? One ends up with "turtles all the way
> down".

Yes, that's exactly what an infinite universe is. The question is whether
infinite turtles is absurd or not, given that the alternative is the absurd
BB,
something from nothing, a beginning without an end.
The not so good book opens with "In the beginning God created"
-- but what created God? Turtles forever and ever, Amen, perhaps...

One absurdity cannot offset the other, faith is bigotry.
So now we are stuck for a lack of proof and can only
degenerate into a flame war.
"I'm right and you're wrong, so there!"
"No, I'm right and you're wrong, so there with knobs on!"

> Perhaps us and what we can see (our universe) is occupying an
> infinitesimal part of that infinite nothingness. One may speculate that
> there is more to our "universe" than we can actually see, other objects
> too far from us to observe. One can contemplate the idea that if we
> travel in our imagination far enough we would pass the last galaxy and
> see nothingness in front of us and see our 'universe' getting smaller
> behind us. The problem with that is one would assume that energy is
> constantly escaping from our universe into the infinite nothingness so
> it has a finite life which would imply a beginning unless there is a
> constant energy input replenishing the energy lost.
> One might contemplate that our bit of the infinite nothingness is
> typical of the rest and there is an infinite universe with an infinite
> number of galaxies so that the energy lost is gained from elsewhere.
> While that is a simple solution it is hard to contemplate if one
> realises what *infinity* means which brings me full circle that to me
> nothing can be infinite. I offer no solutions.

We are in deep philosophical waters here. To me it's turtles all
the way down, up, left, right, forward and back. The telescopes
show turtles in all directions. You envisage empty space as infinite,
I do the same but pop the occasional turtle into it when it gets boring.
The idea of a beginning is so deeply ingrained in the human psyche
that it is almost impossible to contemplate there never was one,
yet that same psyche will not contemplate an end either.

>>> Suppose the entire universe is rotating.
>>
>>That's impossible for me to imagine. It implies a centre of rotation
>>and we would be at it.
>
> not necessarily. You don't have to be at the centre of a carousel to be
> effected by rotation.

You have to be ON it, and your carousel has a radius too great
to contemplate. As it is we are already on a carousel with
a tiny radius of 93,000,000 miles and the only motion we detect
is the motion we see.
We are right back to "And yet it moves" - Galileo.
Moving the centre from the Earth to the Sun to the Milky Way
doesn't mean there IS a centre and we can't detect it if it did,
the other turtles don't move enough for us to see them do so.

>>Geocentricity went out with Copernicus and is
>>illogical.
>>
>>> The further from the centre of rotation a galaxy is the larger its speed
>>> and the greater its transverse Doppler.
>>
>>Simply not observed
>
> Red shift increasing with distance? I appreciate you are not convinced
> but the majority of physics is.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time." -- Abe Barnum or P. T.
Lincoln.
Claudius Ptolemeus managed it for 1400 years thanks to the Church of Rome.

Isaac Asimov wrote in "Quasar, Quasar, Burning Bright" ,
ISBN 0-380-44610-3
(concerning life after death)
[ If you want to argue the point, present the evidence.
I must warn you, though, that there are some arguments I will not
accept.
I won't accept any argument from authority. ("The Bible says so")
I won't accept any argument from internal conviction ("I have faith it
is so")
I won't accept any argument from personal abuse ("What are you, an
atheist?")
I won't accept any argument from irrelevance ("Do you think you have
been put on this Earth just to exist for a moment of time?)
I won't accept any argument from anecdote ("My cousin has a friend who
went to a medium and talked to her dead husband")
And when all that, and other varieties of non-evidence are eliminated,
there turns out to be nothing.]

>> and anyway the galaxies are independent
>>of each other.
>
> so are ants on the earth it doesn't mean the earth isn't rotating and
> that the ants do not share that rotation.

The Sun and the ants share a common barycentre. Anyway, I can
SEE the Sun crossing the sky and so can the ants.

>>You couldn't even get water going down the kitchen
>>sink to do that, it would drag against the side walls. Drop some
>>corks or styrofoam crumbs in and watch.
>
> ????

Try it. Buy a new hard-drive, fill your kitchen sink with water, sprinkle
crumbled white hard-drive packing material on the water and pull the
plug out. Watch carefully. Experiment over, clean up and put remaining
packing material, hard-drive and pretty box in the waste bin. Remove
U-bend (water trap) from sink drain pipe and recover the crumbs,
carefully saving them in a sandwich bag for future use.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystyrene

>>> Note that emission theory predicts the same transverse Doppler as SR.
>>
>>Note that emission theory predicts NO transverse Doppler, the
>>opposite of SR.
>
> Wrong - see below.
>
>> http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/figures/img110.gif
>>That's as far blueshifted as you can get and proof Einstein was a
>>ranting lunatic. It is also proof that he knew what a vector is, but
>>only when it suited him.
>>Where do you get these outlandish ideas from?
>
> Simple mathematics.
>
> X---->v
>

> Y T
>

> In order for light leaving X to hit T it has to set out in the direction
> XY where YT = vt. The photons have a component of velocity c in the
> direction XY and a component v in the X direction such that the
> resultant is in the direction XT. What you have is a velocity triangle
> XY = c YT = v so
>
> the velocity X-T = Sqr( c^2 - v^2) by pythag
> So Sqr( c^2 - v^2) = F' x L
> But c = Fo x L (L = wavelength)
> So F'/Fo = Sqr( c^2 - v^2)/c = Sqr(1 - v^2/c^2)

ANY angle is NOT transverse.

> If X is orbiting T it is always orthogonal and the light reaching T is
> not travelling at c so is Doppler shifted. None of that exotic "time
> dilation" nonsense but genuine Doppler shift the result of a simple
> velocity triangle.

Bwhahahahahaha!
Too funny!
X emits (fires) 2 bullets each second.
T sees (is hit by) 1 bullet each second (red shift) or 4 bullets each
second (blue shift).
After one hour X has fired 7,200 bullets and 3600 have hit T (red shift)
or 14,400 bullets have hit T (blue shift). What happened to the missing
bullets (red shift) or where do the extra bullets come from (blue shift)?

The tick fairy has gotten to you. Rework your logic.

> It is possibly easier to see if observed from The IFoR in which the
> light is emitted in which, according to emission theory, light travels
> every which way at c

> Y T
> v<---
>
> Light leaves O when O is orthogonal w.r.t T but when it reaches T, T is
> at Y and has a component of motion away from X which will result in
> lower frequency. Of course if the source is in orbit around Y it is
> constantly changing its IFoR and will no longer be in the IFoR of O (the
> IFor in which the light was emitted) when light reaches Y.
>
> Waldron's ballistic theory gives a slightly different result as his
> theory is basically a photon theory rather than a wave theory. He
> calculates the same change of velocity as above but uses the change in
> velocity to calculate the energy of the photon reaching T. He
> calculates the Transverse Doppler shift as
>
> f'/fo = (1 - v^2/(2.c^2))
>
> which differs only in forth order v/c term.

This Waldon guy is a fruit cake, bullets do not vanish into or
appear from thin aether.

Note that emission theory predicts NO transverse Doppler, the
opposite of SR.

>>> Everything in the universe appears to be rotating or orbiting around
>>> something else. If the universe as a whole is not rotating it is unique
>>> in
>>> that respect. If it is rotating then transverse redshift would increase
>>> with distance.
>>
>>If everything revolves around something else then something else revolves
>>around everything.
>> http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Orbit/barycentre.gif
>
> velocity is relative but rotation is absolute.

Not in this frame of reference it isn't.
http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/(Gh)/guides/mtr/fw/gifs/coriolis.mov

"ROTATING FRAMES FEATURE IMAGINARY EFFECTS.
DON'T TRY TO USE THEM."-- Wilson

"DON'T TRY TO USE ROTATING FRAMES." -- Wilson (who can't manage it).

"A rotating frame is not a 'rotating frame'...
hahahahhahahahaha!" --Wilson

Androcles' LAW I FOR ROTATING FRAMES OF REFERENCE.
Every body perseveres in its circular motion, or of accelerated motion in a
curved line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed
thereon.

Wilson may not be able to use them, but I can.

> How would we know if the
> entire universe had a rotation about its centre of gravity?

Buy a new hard-drive, fill your kitchen sink with water, sprinkle
crumbled white hard-drive packing material on the water and pull the
plug out. Watch carefully. Experiment over, clean up and put remaining
packing material, hard-drive and pretty box in the waste bin. Remove
U-bend (water trap) from sink drain pipe and recover the crumbs,
carefully saving them in a sandwich bag for future use.
Then you'd know.

From: Androcles on

> On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:38:15 -0000, "Androcles"
> <Headmaster(a)Hogwarts.physics_r>
> wrote:
>

>>"John Kennaugh" <JKNG(a)notworking.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Androcles wrote:
>>>>

>>> I am trying to understand what you are saying. I see from your diagram
>>> that if light speed is source dependent it will result in redshift most
>>> of
>>> the time and blue shift for a much shorter period (on the diagram marked
>>> region of reversal). Questions arising.
>>
>>That's right.
>>

>>> 1/ What is the time scale between reversals? i.e. something which could
>>> be
>>> observed or is the time scale so long it exceeds the period we have been
>>> able to observe.
>>
>>What is the period of a galaxy and how far away is it?
>>Let's say it's a million years to make one complete orbit.
>>You have to position yourself somewhere on the vertical
>>scale and sit there for a million years to see one cycle for one
>>star. Let's say you see it red for 550,000 years and
>>blue for 450,000 years.
>>Then choose a further position and sit there for another
>>million years. This time you see it red for 600,000 years
>>and blue for 400,000 years.
>>But that's just one star, they are all doing it at a different
>>phase. So the overall effect is more dull red than bright
>>blue and that increases with distance.
>
> This cannot be correct...
> When an orbiting star is moving away from earth, its light will move at <c
> and
> will be redshifted. When it moves towards Earth, its light is blue
> shifted.
>
> For a circular orbit, the star spends equal times moving towards and away
> from
> Earth...so the red and blue shifts should be observed in equal
> proportions.

So there is no Sekerin-Wilson time stretching, never mind what the
math shows.
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Doolin'sStar.GIF

This cannot be correct...
Make up your useless fuckin' mind, Einstein dingleberry.

From: eric gisse on
...@..(Henry Wilson DSc) wrote:

[...]

Three stupid people arguing, and they all think they are the smartest people
in the room. How delightful.