From: Dinesh on
I have big database of customers and have blank space beoire the customer
name start. How can i remove it in bunch?

Dinesh
From: Slim Slender on
On Mar 1, 6:08 pm, Dinesh <Din...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have big database of customers and have blank space beoire the customer
> name start.  How can i remove it in bunch?
>
> Dinesh

Save your workbook.
Use the function palette to enter the TRIM function in a column to the
right of the names.
Enter the cell reference of the name.
Drag the function down the length of the list of names.
Copy all of the resulting names.
Select the first cell in the original column of names.
Right click and select Paste Special.
Select Values only.
Delete the TRIM formulas
If you like the results, Save the workbook.
From: Matt Geare on
Hi,

Another approach which would avoid any unintended consequences of the TRIM
function (TRIM will turn a double space between words into a single space)
would be to do exactly as Slim Slender suggest but use the formula:

=MID(A1,2,LEN(A1))

This will only remove the leading "space".

Cheers,

Matt

From: "David Biddulph" groups [at] on
Or =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-1) ?