From: Marco on
Hi, Is there any way to block an IP address if the users is not able to login
sucessfuly after a number of times?

The issue is that I've got a public ip address in order my users can access
to my server from home.

I'm been check and there some people (strange people of the plant, maybe
hackers) truing to force the logon.

How can I block their IP address? after they try to log x times?

Regards,
Marco
From: Danny Sanders on
So basically they are not getting in.............I don't know of a way to
block IP addresses after failed logins. Are they using the correct username?

DDS

From: Marco on
No, they don't know the username, but they may be sucessful using the
administrator.

Maybe some firewall software?

Marco

From: Danny Sanders on
I think your best bet is just to chance the password on a regular basis and
make sure it's a strong password. These attempts to log in may be an
automated process.

If your server is internet facing you should have a firewall in front of it.
I don't know of any firewall that will block an IP after failed attempts.

As long as they are not getting in your OK. Just chante the password
regularly.

hth