From: LE2 Strat on
I just deployed a 2008 R2 RDS server for my domain. Users can log on just
fine, but we are getting the following error in the event log:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Licensing
Date: 1/5/2010 9:46:32 AM
Event ID: 4105
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
The Remote Desktop license server cannot update the license attributes for
user "myuser" in the Active Directory Domain "mydomain". Ensure that the
computer account for the license server is a member of Terminal Server
License Servers group in Active Directory domain "mydomain".
If the license server is installed on a domain controller, the Network
Service account also needs to be a member of the Terminal Server License
Servers group.
If the license server is installed on a domain controller, after you have
added the appropriate accounts to the Terminal Server License Servers group,
you must restart the Remote Desktop Licensing service to track or report the
usage of RDS Per User CALs.
Win32 error code: 0x80070005

Basically the problem relates to that user accounts created before we were a
2008 domain will have this problem. User accounts created after that, don't
have the problem. The pre-2008 user accounts do not have the correct
permission on their account for the TS Server License group in AD. I
manually fixed a few and the problem is resolved for them. I found this page
with a script on it to fix all users in the domain, but I would like to have
an official script or fix from MS before I go using a script somebody else
wrote and I do not have a test domain to test this on first.

http://www.kombitz.com/2010/01/11/event-id-4105-on-a-windows-2008-r2-remote-desktop-services-server/

Anybody have this problem or know of the fix?
From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Here's an alternative solution to bulk-editing the user accounts,
posted by a Microsoft employee:

http://groups.google.se/group/microsoft.public.windows.terminal_ser
vices/msg/9ed14527765ed92d?hl=en
Vera Noest
MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
RDS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net

=?Utf-8?B?TEUyIFN0cmF0?= <LE2Strat(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote on 25 jan 2010 in