From: mr555 on
Hi All

We are having some terminal servers licensing issue. , received the
following error mesaages

"this computer is past its grace period and needs to connect to a windows
server 2003 "

open Terminal Services Configuration, under License server discovery mode,
and then click Properties. no server is specify and is all gray out, can't
even specify the license server

checked the registry on the terminal server under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters\LicenseServers
it was listed the name of the old license server, deleted it and then
created a new key with servername of the current license server "license"

reboot the server, still getting the same message.

check the GPO is specified the current license server.

Many thanks

From: Silvia Doomra [MSFT] on
Did you mention the FQDN name?
I hope you are done wit all the steps mentioned in the KB:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279561

Is your new license server activated?

Thanks
Silvia
Remote Desktop Services Team Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/rds

From: mr555 on
Hi Silvia

Thank you for your reply

The servers having these problem is on (Domain B)
The licensing server is on a different domain (Domain A) , there is a forest
trust between the 2 domains
Current 2008 licensing server is activated, last admin didn't migrate the
old license server to the current licensing server, he just added the license
to the new 2008 license server and then uninstalled the license form the 2003
terminal server licensing and changed the GPO. Both of the licensing servers
are on the same domain.

Many thanks

From: Silvia Doomra [MSFT] on
Is this trust 2 way?