From: Steve JORDI on
No,
there is no book!
That's a shame as the H&B features are covered nowhere besides the
help file.
But if you want to learn feature on plain paper, you can't. This is
beyond me. Those specific functionalities should be available
somehwere in a book where you can add stickers, write on the marging,
etc. At least a PDF.

Today, you have to rely on the help file. I think that some H&B
features were described in books for Quicken 2006, but since then
those extra features have been ignored in all books. You have to try
by yourself and discover in 4 years that a functionality you needed
was actually available under your nose.
A book would have been very welcome!

Sincerely,
Steve JORDI
M.Sc. in Geophysics

(Remove the I_REALLY_HATE_SPAMMERS from my email address)
1197 Prangins Email: stevejordiI_REALLY_HATE_SPAMMERS(a)hotmail.com
Switzerland WWW: www.sjordi.com
Volcanoes at www.sjordi.com/volcanoes
From: infodex on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:52:13 +0200, Steve JORDI
<stevejordiI_REALLY_HATE_SPAMMERS(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>No,
>there is no book!
>That's a shame as the H&B features are covered nowhere besides the
>help file.

Thanks. That confirms what I've been suspecting. And yes, it is a
shame. Documentation provided with the product is invariably inferior
to documentation provided by after-market sources who have had a
chance to use the product in the real world.

From: XS11E on
infodex(a)mindspring.com wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:52:13 +0200, Steve JORDI
> <stevejordiI_REALLY_HATE_SPAMMERS(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>No,
>>there is no book!
>>That's a shame as the H&B features are covered nowhere besides the
>>help file.
>
> Thanks. That confirms what I've been suspecting. And yes, it is a
> shame. Documentation provided with the product is invariably
> inferior to documentation provided by after-market sources who
> have had a chance to use the product in the real world.

There's probably insufficient market to justify writing such a book.

There is, however, a great deal of information available through search
engines and this newsgroup.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
From: jslcr1 on
On Apr 15, 10:55 am, XS11E <xs11...(a)SPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
> info...(a)mindspring.com wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:52:13 +0200, Steve JORDI
> > <stevejordiI_REALLY_HATE_SPAMM...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >>No,
> >>there is no book!
> >>That's a shame as the H&B features are covered nowhere besides the
> >>help file.
>
> > Thanks. That confirms what I've been suspecting. And yes, it is a
> > shame. Documentation provided with the product is invariably
> > inferior to documentation provided by after-market sources who
> > have had a chance to use the product in the real world.
>
> There's probably insufficient market to justify writing such a book.
>
> There is, however, a great deal of information available through search
> engines and this newsgroup.

> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

It's old but may help

Download Older Quicken Manuals (2000 - 2006)
Updated: 10/16/2009 | Article ID: 3871
http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/features-and-tools/3871.html