From: Enid on
I would like to change my boot screen picture in my Windows XP dimension
4400.I need some help if some body knows how to do it i will appreciate the
help.
From: Lawrence J. Gardner on
If you mean the Windows XP black screen that starts when you boot the
system:

Use Tune-Up Utilities (www.tune-up.com), specifically the TuneUp Styler 2
option.

If you mean the Windows XP Welcome Screen, same program as above.

I you mean the Login Screen, use TweakUI

From: Enid on
I tried tune up and other software to change the boot screen but everytime I
restart my computer with my new boot screen it show a blue screen that I
can't read cause it change very quick to the screen where I can choose safe
mode.I've benn looking for help everywhere but has no luck yet.Somebody
please help me.

From: Lawrence J. Gardner on
You need to check your C:\boot.ini file and see how things have been
changed.
Tune-up and others change the arguments for the boot entry and others may
have changed the same line.

You can open boot.ini in Notepad, select all, copy and paste in a REply.
There is nothing in the file pertaining to private info.

From: Enid on
[boot loader]
timeout=15
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition (Original)" /fastdetect /Execute=OptIn /TUTag=YWF1XC
/KERNEL=kernel1.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition (Original) (TuneUp Backup)" /fastdetect /Execute=OptIn /TUTag=Y1AGZT
/Kernel=TUKernel.exe
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition (Original) (TuneUp Backup)" /fastdetect /Execute=OptIn
/TUTag=Y1AGZT-BAK
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home
Edition" /fastdetect /Execute=OptIn /KERNEL=kernel1.exe