From: Dudley Hanks on
Sometimes, it's tough keeping peace in the family ...

http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/Boys.jpg

Take Care,
Dudley

--
"The balance between staying positive and being realistic lies somewhere in
the area of remaining hopeful." Irwin Barker

From: Peter on
"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
> Sometimes, it's tough keeping peace in the family ...
>
> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/Boys.jpg
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Hope he as faking the wood chopping, too. I saw a guy wind up with the ax in
his leg, while holding the log with his foot.
I know I sound like an old fart, but that is a very unsafe chopping
position.

--
Peter

From: Dudley Hanks on

"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>> Sometimes, it's tough keeping peace in the family ...
>>
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/Boys.jpg
>>
>> Take Care,
>> Dudley
>>

> Hope he as faking the wood chopping, too. I saw a guy wind up with the ax
> in his leg, while holding the log with his foot.
> I know I sound like an old fart, but that is a very unsafe chopping
> position.
>

> --
> Peter

Hey, Peter, I agree completely...

I didn't know till afterwards that was how he was chopping it.

When he bought the axe, I told him to find a big chunk to use as a chopping
block, but he opted for the easy way out...

When they get to that age, there's only so much a Dad can do...

On the flip side, he was pretty good at it, chopping up a nice supply of
wood for the fire, without injury.

He's pretty big, but he's quick, too...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Allen on
Peter wrote:
> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>> Sometimes, it's tough keeping peace in the family ...
>>
>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/Boys.jpg
>>
>> Take Care,
>> Dudley
>>

> Hope he as faking the wood chopping, too. I saw a guy wind up with the
> ax in his leg, while holding the log with his foot.
> I know I sound like an old fart, but that is a very unsafe chopping
> position.
>
> Back in the early 1930s "Anthony Adverse", a high-grossing movie, was
released. One of the characters, perhaps Anthony himself, chopped his
leg off by getting careless with an axe. That is the only scene in the
whole movie that I remember.
Allen
From: Peter on

> When he bought the axe, I told him to find a big chunk to use as a
> chopping block, but he opted for the easy way out...
>
> When they get to that age, there's only so much a Dad can do...

I remember. When my younger daughter was 21 she absolutely shocked me, by
asking for advice. She finally realized I just might know something.

I used to be amazed at how much my father learned as I grew older.

--
Peter