From: Merlin on
On Sep 17, 1:52 pm, Baron Thener
<BaronThe...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Dear Oliver,
> There was no problem before the OWA work fine just a couple of day before..
> now the OWA is inaccessible from the branches users.
>

> "Oliver Moazzezi [MVP]" wrote:
> > For an Exchange 2003 Server to proxy OWA connections is must be set as a
> > Front End Server (FE), and also obviously have connectivity to all necessary
> > other Exchange 2003 Back End Servers (BE).
>
> > However I presume this _was_ working? Is the above proxy scenario what was
> > in place? I find it hard to think that would be the case for sattelite
> > offices?
>
> > Oliver

Have you made any changes to DNS, IIS or ISA lately
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 03:52:01 -0700, Baron Thener
<BaronThener(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear Oliver,
>There was no problem before the OWA work fine just a couple of day before.
>now the OWA is inaccessible from the branches users.

Whether it used to work or not isn't the question. Is that Exchange
server a Front-End server or not? Look at the "General" tab on the
server's property page. Is the box labeled "This a front-end server"
checked?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Baron Thener on
Dear Rich,
Yes the OWA server is a front end server. the check box is checked. like I
write down before everytime we login using a branch account the OWA address
changes into the branch mail server name. example the OWA page url is:
http://webmail.abc.com/exchange if i login using a branch user it changes
into http://branches01.abc.com/exchange that why the browser cannot find the
page.
Thanks

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:50:02 -0700, Baron Thener
<BaronThener(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dear Rich,
>Yes the OWA server is a front end server. the check box is checked. like I
>write down before everytime we login using a branch account the OWA address
>changes into the branch mail server name. example the OWA page url is:
>http://webmail.abc.com/exchange if i login using a branch user it changes
>into http://branches01.abc.com/exchange that why the browser cannot find the
>page.

What you describe is the behavior of a machine that's not a Front-End
server. As trite as it may sound, have you tried rebooting the FE
machine?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Baron Thener on
Yes, I've restarted the server and even all of the mail server in all the
branches. but it still happen. do you have other advice?
Thanks