From: Baron Thener on
Dear all,
We used microsoft exchange 2003 running on Windows server 2003 enterprise
edition, these couple of days our branch user complaining that they cannot
login to the webmail. but they can open the OWA from the Internal LAN. After
I checked I found out that every time I login using a branch user account the
webmail address changed to the mail branch mail server name:

Example: our OWA address: http://webmail.abc.com/exchange
the branch mail server name: branch01, branch02

everytime I login using the HO account the webmail work fine. but if i login
using branch01 account the webmail address change into:
http://branch01.abc.com/exchange and so did if I login using branch02 user
account the webmail address also changed into:
http://branch02.abc.com/exchange. But the internet cannot find that name
because it was a private NS.

The OWA should be translating all the branch name using the
http://webmail.abc.com/exchange.

Please Advise why does my exchange cannot re route the branch OWA.
Thanks a lot.
From: Oliver Moazzezi [MVP] on
Is http://webmail.abc.com/exchange an Exchange FE?

Oliver

From: Baron Thener on
Its a OWA server.. it has it own public IP. what is an Exchange FE?
Thanks

From: Oliver Moazzezi [MVP] on
For an Exchange 2003 Server to proxy OWA connections is must be set as a
Front End Server (FE), and also obviously have connectivity to all necessary
other Exchange 2003 Back End Servers (BE).

However I presume this _was_ working? Is the above proxy scenario what was
in place? I find it hard to think that would be the case for sattelite
offices?

Oliver

From: Baron Thener on
Dear Oliver,
There was no problem before the OWA work fine just a couple of day before.
now the OWA is inaccessible from the branches users.