From: Chrome Boy on
Hello again Mr Dyer.
I finally received a reply and hopefully a solution from Samsung.
I have pasted the reply to this note and will be doing what I think is a
partial reinstall rather than a full install.
Thanks
John Murphy

With reference to your email, we understand you are unable to add/remove the
programs on the control panel
as the message appears "'Please wait while list is populated" and never
lists the programs, on your Netbook
NP-N130.

Please note that the issue appears to be related with the Operating system
in the unit. We recommend you
reinstall the Operating system to fix the issue. You may use the Operating
system / Recovery discs / Recovery
partition of the Netbook to reinstall the Operating system in the Netbook.

This should fix the issue.

We regret for the inconvenience.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Have Father Christmas return the netbook to the place of purchase for a
refund.