From: Paul Furman on
Larry Thong wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:52:54 +1000, Atheist Chaplain wrote:
>
>> "Larry Thong"<larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote in message
>>> Just think. If Einstein were alive and he had a 500/4 Nikkor we would
>>> have a new set of theories ponder upon. He would have quickly realized
>>> that his laws were meant to be not only broken, but shattered.
>>>

>>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Rule_Breaker.jpg>
>>>

>> but the eyes are 4.33871ยบ out of alignment ;-)
>
> That's funny. I knew you guys would like this... :^)

Heh :-)
From: Noons on
LOL! wrote,on my timestamp of 30/06/2010 12:27 PM:

> Oh dear! Why is the bird blurry but the leaves behind it are more sharply
> defined? Why is so much of everything in the upper right section all blurry
> when that appears to be on the same image plane as the rest of the plants
> behind the bird?
>
> POS shifted lens element? Or POS camera? Or POS operator? Or POS ALL?

Oh dear,! Could it be what you call OOF is actually movement blur?
Narh, perish the thought!
From: gamer_reg on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:44:52 -0400, "Larry Thong"
<larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:

>Just think. If Einstein were alive and he had a 500/4 Nikkor we would have
>a new set of theories ponder upon. He would have quickly realized that his
>laws were meant to be not only broken, but shattered.
>

><http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Rule_Breaker.jpg>

I like the angle you composed the shot at. Breaking the horizontal
horizon like that gicves a good shot just a bit of edge. It made me as
the viewer feel a bit off center and that makes the viewer look harder
at the image.

Nice. I will try to remember this technique.
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 06:34:59 -0400, in
<enro26htd66rrf0ershedm1chjimoh76v4(a)4ax.com>, gamer_reg(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:44:52 -0400, "Larry Thong"
><larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>
>>Just think. If Einstein were alive and he had a 500/4 Nikkor we would have
>>a new set of theories ponder upon. He would have quickly realized that his
>>laws were meant to be not only broken, but shattered.
>>
>><http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Rule_Breaker.jpg>
>
>I like the angle you composed the shot at. Breaking the horizontal
>horizon like that gicves a good shot just a bit of edge. It made me as
>the viewer feel a bit off center and that makes the viewer look harder
>at the image.
>
>Nice. I will try to remember this technique.

Shouldn't be too hard -- most rank amateurs have mastered it. ;)

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: Russell D. on
On 06/29/2010 07:12 PM, Better Info wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:07:59 -0700, John Navas <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:44:52 -0400, in
>> <7v2dnRT2NKxW6rfRnZ2dnUVZ_uSdnZ2d(a)supernews.com>, "Larry Thong"
>> <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Just think. If Einstein were alive
>
> He'd be laughing at you.

Probably. He had a sense of humor.