From: bsn on
Hello NG
I have a laserprinter Brother HL-2030 on a XP sytem.
when i try to print out from an old DOS application - nothing
happens...frustrating...
Hope you have an idea about this problem...
Sensirely
Bjarne

From: Don Phillipson on
"bsn" <bsnSnabelAoncableDoTdk> wrote in message

> I have a laserprinter Brother HL-2030 on a XP sytem.
> when i try to print out from an old DOS application - nothing
> happens...frustrating...

1. One of the MS XP NGs may be able to supply
what you need.
2. The practical difference between DOS and Windows
is that printing any DOS document requires either a
formatter or printer selection within the app. What
old DOS app are you using?

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: bsn on

"Don Phillipson" <d.phillipson(a)ttrryytteell.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> "bsn" <bsnSnabelAoncableDoTdk> wrote in message
>
>> I have a laserprinter Brother HL-2030 on a XP sytem.
>> when i try to print out from an old DOS application - nothing
>> happens...frustrating...
>
> 1. One of the MS XP NGs may be able to supply
> what you need.
> 2. The practical difference between DOS and Windows
> is that printing any DOS document requires either a
> formatter or printer selection within the app. What
> old DOS app are you using?
It's an old finance app. called PC-PLUS...
I can select printers in the app., but not Brother HL-2030 ...
Bjarne
Denmark

From: zakezuke on
> It's an old finance app. called PC-PLUS...
> I can select printers in the app., but not Brother HL-2030 ...
> Bjarne
> Denmark

I'm not up to speed on current usb printers under dos... I imagine you
could share the printer over the network and define lpt1: to use the
network printer

net use lpt1: \\My-Computer-name\MyPrintername

If you don't know your computer name you can find out at the command
line
ipconfig /all. If you're feeling lazy and know the name of your shared
printer

net use lpt1: \\127.0.0.1\MyPrintername
where 127.0.0.1 represents your self on the network (loopback).

>From the pc persective, dos prints to the network printer. windows sees
the print job request from the network and prints it.

You'll have to type in that command each time unless you want it
persistent... if so "/Persistent:Yes" tacked at the end.

From: bsn on

"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us(a)yahoo.com> skrev
> I'm not up to speed on current usb printers under dos... I imagine you
> could share the printer over the network and define lpt1: to use the
> network printer
>
> net use lpt1: \\My-Computer-name\MyPrintername
Thanks so far...
Now I get a blank page from the printer...
Thats a little progress...
How do I get my data from my financeapp on the blank page???
Hope you have an idea...
Bjarne
Odense / Denmark

 |  Next  |  Last