From: C on
Jose wrote:

> Here is one method to "manage" it.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019411
>
> I think I would remove all traces of it instead of managing it.

Now that I know about it, when offered, I will reject it.

From: Balzer on

"Jose" <jose_ease(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Mar 19, 8:09 am, "Balzer" <bal...(a)nospam.microsoft.news> wrote:
> "SC Tom" <s...(a)tom.net> wrote in message

> > "Balzer" <bal...(a)nospam.microsoft.news> wrote in message
> >> After turning PC on, got HTML window prompting for BrowserChoice. The
> >> windows looks like a fake scam window. I closed window. Also, Shortcut
> >> icon "Browser Choice" has been added on Desktop, with target path
> >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\browserchoice.exe /launch
>
> >> Is the malware or some "legit" application and how to remove it?
>
> > Read this:
> >http://www.ghacks.net/2010/02/22/windows-browser-choice-screen-will-c...
>
> > and peruse these:
> >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=browser+choice+virus&a...
>
> > Thank you, EU :-)
> > --
> > SC Tom
>
> -----------------
>
> Since I already use Firefox, I don't need to install anything repeatedly.
> Seems, it will ask me to Select web browser on every reboot? Strange
> method.
> Is it possible to remove ot uncheck this feature? Didn't find it in
> msconfig
> utility.
>
> Regards,
> Balzer

Here is one method to "manage" it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019411

I think I would remove all traces of it instead of managing it.
--------------

This MS article refers to personal computing environments that are under a
Volume Licensing program. And applies to:
* Windows 7 Professional
* Microsoft Windows XP Professional
* Windows Vista Business
* Windows 7 Ultimate
* Windows 7 Enterprise
* Windows Vista Enterprise

I have XP Home ed., not volume.
Is there way completely uninstall this update?

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
The Browser Choice Screen for Europe: What to Expect, When to Expect It -
Microsoft On The Issues:
http://microsoftontheissues.com/cs/blogs/mscorp/archive/2010/02/19/the-browser-choice-screen-for-europe-what-to-expect-when-to-expect-it.aspx

From: LD55ZRA on
Unknown wrote:

>I see you're playing stupid again. Looks like you're winning too.

Well in that case rejoice and enjoy his every post. You could also ask
you mum to do her bit to polish his below the belt organ.

hth
From: LD55ZRA on
C wrote:

> Hmm, I have Windows XP Pro and am in the EU but I didn't get that update.

You must have blocked all {useless} updates from Microsoft website. I
didn't get either but I don't get anything from anywhere because I have
blocked everything from reaching my system except the emails and web
pages I visit. All my anti-virus definitions are updated once a week
manually because I don't believe there is any real threat of viruses as
Microsoft Valuable Pigs make out to be. You only get infected if you
allow Microsoft updates. You can't trust anybody on this planet! Not
even Unknown's <unknown(a)unknown.kom --
adsl-99-141-133-84.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net 99.141.133.84>mummy.

hth