From: abc on
On 06/02/2010 19:35, Ronx wrote:
> "Am I doing something wrong?"
>
> No.
> Open a new page.
> Click in the Design Pane (I always use Split view)
> Click the Bullets toolbar button - a bullet appears in the Design Pane
> Type:
> The first <return>
> The second <return>
>
> where <return> is the enter key.
>
> The result in code view is:

> <ul>
> <li>the first</li>
> <li>the second</li>
> <li></li>
> </ul>

> with the curser ready to type the third bullet point.
>
> In the Design pane, the lines are consecutive, with no gap between them.
>
> If the lines have a large space (=to an empty line) then either you have
> some CSS defining line spacing, or the code view is not as above. What
> do you see in code view (or the code pane in Split view)?

In design pane I have:
<ul> (...this is the line that I am unable to remove)
<li>this is the text that start with bullet points</li>

Where <ul> is shown above ... this is the line that I am unable to remove

From: Ronx on
Don't touch that line - it is part of the list.
A complete list in code view will be similar to:

<ul>
<li>first item</li>
<li>second item</li>
<li>third item</li>
</ul>

<ul> is the opener for an Unordered List
<li> is the LIst element (closed with </li>
</ul> closes the Unordered List

If the space between <p>Please note:</p>
and the first list item is too large, then close it using CSS to decrease or
remove the margins:

<ul style="margin-top: 0;">
<li>first bullet point</li>

--