From: Thanatosuk on
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing.
Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form
where the button is
but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in
the second form

eg
i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second
form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro
form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the
button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma
why does it not work?
any ideas?

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
If you are putting the button on a bound form, the button wizard will ask
you
1. if you want to open the form and find specific data to display
or
2. if you want to show all records.

To open at the record for emma, choose the first option above in the wizard.

From: Douglas J. Steele on
I'm assuming that Full Name is, in fact, a text value containing the name of
the individual. If that's the case, you need to enclose the value in quotes:

"[Full Name]=""" & [Full Name] & """"

(That's three double quotes in row in front, and four double quotes in a row
after.)

If you were dealing with other than names, you could use

"[Full Name]='" & [Full Name] & "'"

(exagerated for clarity, that's "[Full Name]= ' " & [Full Name] & " ' ")

The reason you can't use that for names is because of the possibility of
apostrophes in the name (like O'Riley)

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

From: Thanatosuk on
Thanks for the help but both dont work
even for other fields in the form
its aproblem i'v come across before the wizzards return the syntax error in
access 2003 i'll give up and try something else
thanks again