From: Robert on
Hi,

I have problems to get C/Front to work OK with Navision 4.0. When I try to
connect to the database with the sample app provided in the SDK I get an
exception ?The server and client do not have the same program version
number.? in DBL_ConnectServerAndOpenDatabase.

If I try to do the same thing with C/Front and Navision 3.7 everything works
ok.

I have copied the following files from Navision 3.7 and 4.0 to the sample
directories:
dbm.dll
ndbcs.dll
nc_netb.dll
nc_tcp.dll
slave.exe
fin.etx
fin.stx
fin.flf

If I run the sample app with no args I get the following results.

3.70:
Company present C/FRONT Sample Company
Testing some table functions ..OK
Verifying create table functions ..OK
Verifying the table layout ..OK
Deleting all records ..OK
Creating test data ..OK
Verifying test data ..OK
Verifying modified test data ..OK
Testing string to/from type conversion ..OK
Testing filter functions ..OK
Testing key functions ..OK
Testing bcd functions ..OK
Testing sum functions ..OK
Database test ended

And in 4.0:
The server and client do not have the same program version number.
Exception Handler called with Database Error: 1111.
You have not selected a database.
Exception Handler called with Database Error: 1046.
Testing some table functions ..You have not selected a database.
Exception Handler called with Database Error: 1046.
OK
Verifying create table functions ..

All the Navision 4.0 files are dated the 28th of may 2005.

Has anybody got C/Front to work OK with Navision 4.0 or have any ideas why
the sample app does not work OK?

Thanks in advanced,

Robert

From: Vishal on
Hi,

Have you installed SDK of Nav 4 ?

Regards

From: Gedas Bush on
Hi,
I think you have installed 3.70 . So 3.70 example open db correct. When you
try to open db with 4.0 Navision uses in windows registry publiced c/front
library - it is 3.70, so you have error about version.
For using 4.0 c/front you must install 4.0 (but then 3.70 will stop work) or
change code in application: there is SetNavisionPath
OnlineHelp:
Normally the C/FRONT library (cfront.dll/cfrontsql.dll) reads the registry
in order to locate the Navision DBMS system. However, if multiple Navision
systems are installed or if Navision is not present on the system, the
function SetNavisionPath should be called with the path to the directory of
the Navision installation or to a directory containing the following files
from a Navision installation...

Regards
Gedas
Navision Support Engineer

From: Robert on
Hi,

I have tested with DBL_SetNavisionPath also but I still got the same
exception.

I have not installed any Navision Client on my PC. I tried to install the
Navision 4.0 Client on my PC after that both the 3.7 and the 4.0 sample
failed with the same exception. After I uninstalled the Navision Client the
3.7 sample started to work again.

Have you got any other ides?

Thanks,

Robert

From: Robert on
Hi,

Yes I have installed the Navision 4.0 SDK and the date and time of the files
from the SDK is the same as the date and time of the files from the Navision
4.0 client.

Thanks,

Robert