From: - Bobb - on

Step one - put in the old CD drive - does IT still work OK ?
Can you see it in BIOS ?
If not try it as a slave off the disk cable ( in case you blew something on
motherboard)
If that works, boot windows.
Load the drivers for the new one into Windows.

This is a new CD drive right ? not a DVD ? ( Does BIOS know DVD) Do you
have latest BIOS ?

"Edwin Sineath" <piedmont79(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Posted this earlier, here's the latest:
>
> I changed the CDROM. The new one powers up at boot but doesn't show up in
> BIOS. I changed cable, set jumper to master, re-booted. No difference
> from when jumper was set to cable select. Have no idea what's going on.
> The other CDROM would show up in BIOS just fine but would not boot when a
> bootable CD was in the drive and BIOS set to boot from CD first.
>
> The CDROM is definitely getting power, I see the red light come on at
> boot. I have no idea what could be wrong, it's not like this is
> complicated. I mean, all you have to do is plug in the cable from the
> motherboard, plug in the power, and set the jumper, right?

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: OS for 4GB RAM
Next: Super 8 to digital