From: nicola tesla on
On May 21, 9:39 am, Botticeli <jesusjacq...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I use an HP 515, Pentium 4, 512 MB, with extra memory I added to
> handle heavy duty audio programs (music), and XP.
>
> After I moved many files (manually) to an external hard drive
> (Passport 500gig), the performance of the computer is very slow. I
> used to have 3 or four programs open at the same time and now with one
> the CPU usage is almost at 100%.
>
> I have no problem with the music program (although it takes more time
> to open), and recording and playback are fine.
>
> But some other programs (web makers) make the performance very slow.
> It seems to me that anything relating to web stuff is slower (my
> server is the same, the same high speed stuff, and the other computers
> at home are working fine, and better than mine, even though they are
> small laptops)
>
> I have an antivirus (Vipre), and scan for viruses every morning.
>
> Any suggestions or diagnostics you may have are very welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance:
>
> Botticelli

You have too many applications running. You do not have enough RAM
memory. You must delete all the unused applications from your
computer, this will free up resources, you must use at least 1 GB RAM
memory.
From: nicola tesla on
On May 21, 9:39 am, Botticeli <jesusjacq...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I use an HP 515, Pentium 4, 512 MB, with extra memory I added to
> handle heavy duty audio programs (music), and XP.
>
> After I moved many files (manually) to an external hard drive
> (Passport 500gig), the performance of the computer is very slow. I
> used to have 3 or four programs open at the same time and now with one
> the CPU usage is almost at 100%.
>
> I have no problem with the music program (although it takes more time
> to open), and recording and playback are fine.
>
> But some other programs (web makers) make the performance very slow.
> It seems to me that anything relating to web stuff is slower (my
> server is the same, the same high speed stuff, and the other computers
> at home are working fine, and better than mine, even though they are
> small laptops)
>
> I have an antivirus (Vipre), and scan for viruses every morning.
>
> Any suggestions or diagnostics you may have are very welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance:
>
> Botticelli

You do not have too many applications running. Resources, your
computer, the unused applications running. You must delete all up
resour computer, the unuse all this will up resources, you must used
applications from you must GB RAM you free unuse all from your
computer, the unuse all this will from you must 1 GB RAM memory. You
have too many applications. Too many applications from yources, you do
not have enough RAM memory.