From: Practical on
Hi all,

I wonder if this is relevant here but since I have installed CUPS on Linux,
I wish to know if multiple printers can be added to the same machine which
already has one printer running on CUPS. If yes, how can I keep track of
stationery usage and logs for each printer.
Thank you.

From: J.O. Aho on
Practical wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if this is relevant here but since I have installed CUPS on Linux,
> I wish to know if multiple printers can be added to the same machine which
> already has one printer running on CUPS. If yes, how can I keep track of
> stationery usage and logs for each printer.

Yes

--

//Aho
From: unruh on
On 2010-07-13, J.O. Aho <user(a)example.net> wrote:
> Practical wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wonder if this is relevant here but since I have installed CUPS on Linux,
>> I wish to know if multiple printers can be added to the same machine which
>> already has one printer running on CUPS. If yes, how can I keep track of
>> stationery usage and logs for each printer.
>
> Yes

/var/log/cups/pages.log keeps track of the printer and the number of
pages printed to that printer.

From: Dr.Deb on
Practical wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if this is relevant here but since I have installed CUPS on
> Linux, I wish to know if multiple printers can be added to the same
> machine which already has one printer running on CUPS. If yes, how can I
> keep track of stationery usage and logs for each printer.
> Thank you.

As you print you will have a choice of which printer to use. Depending on
the program doing the printing, you either can, or cannot, select the number
of pages to print

Deb
From: Practical on

"Dr.Deb" <debsmail(a)mon-cre.net> wrote in message
> Practical wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I wonder if this is relevant here but since I have installed CUPS on
>> Linux, I wish to know if multiple printers can be added to the same
>> machine which already has one printer running on CUPS. If yes, how can I
>> keep track of stationery usage and logs for each printer.
>> Thank you.
>
> As you print you will have a choice of which printer to use. Depending on
> the program doing the printing, you either can, or cannot, select the
> number
> of pages to print
>
> Deb

Thank you all for the replies.