Prev: CHECK BOX
Next: amizade
From: Dennis on
Marshall,

That finally worked!!!!!!!

I do have a couple of questions.

1. What is the difference between:
=rptInvoice_srDet.Report!txtTotal
or, as I prefer:
=rptInvoice_srDet.Report.Report.txtTotal

I see the second has Report.Report in it where the first one has just Report
once. What is the advantage of Report.Report?

2. Not that that part works, I want to have two totals.
The first is for Labor
The second is for Parts
In my grand total, I then add the two numbers together.

I can tell if the invoice line is a part if TransCat = "P". If the invoice
line is for labor, TransCat = "L".

I tried this in the subreport's footing section:
=IIf([TransCat]="P",Sum([Quantity]*[Price]),0)
and all I got was a zero. the amount shoud have been about $24.

Dennis

From: Marshall Barton on
Dennis wrote:
>That finally worked!!!!!!!
>
>I do have a couple of questions.
>
>1. What is the difference between:
>=rptInvoice_srDet.Report!txtTotal
>or, as I prefer:
>=rptInvoice_srDet.Report.Report.txtTotal

Man, did I mess that up. It should have been:
=rptInvoice_srDet!txtTotal
Or, as I prefer:
=rptInvoice_srDet.Report.txtTotal

Access resolves the ! syntax at runtime by trying a couple
of possible meanings. Because txtTotal is not part of the
subreport control, Access has to dig around to try to
resolve the name as part of the subreport's controls
collection.

The .Report syntax can be resolved (and error checked) at
design time.

>I see the second has Report.Report in it where the first one has just Report
>once. What is the advantage of Report.Report?

None, it was a brain fault :-(
The point was the .Report instead of !

>2. Not that that part works, I want to have two totals.
>The first is for Labor
>The second is for Parts
>In my grand total, I then add the two numbers together.
>
>I can tell if the invoice line is a part if TransCat = "P". If the invoice
>line is for labor, TransCat = "L".
>
>I tried this in the subreport's footing section:
>=IIf([TransCat]="P",Sum([Quantity]*[Price]),0)

Try it this way:
=Sum(IIf([TransCat]="P", [Quantity]*[Price], 0))

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Dennis on
Marshall,

Thanks, I got me invoice "report" working just the way I wanted.

Your comment: Try it this way:
=Sum(IIf([TransCat]="P", [Quantity]*[Price], 0))

That worked great!!! Now that I see it, I feel kind of dumb. Oh well, but
I learned a lot.

Thanks so much for your assitance.

Dennis

From: Marshall Barton on
Dennis wrote:
>Thanks, I got me invoice "report" working just the way I wanted.
>
>Your comment: Try it this way:
> =Sum(IIf([TransCat]="P", [Quantity]*[Price], 0))
>
>That worked great!!! Now that I see it, I feel kind of dumb. Oh well, but
>I learned a lot.
>
>Thanks so much for your assitance.

Your welcome.

Waxing philosophical ;-)
Don't feel bad about not knowing something. Ignorance
should be overcome, feeling "dumb" or frustrated just gets
in the way. It's so much more fun to learn new things than
to just sit there fuming.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Dennis on
Marsh,

Thanks for the encouragement. It much more fun to learn new things. I'm
having so much "fun" climbing the Access learning cliff. :-)

Dennis

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: CHECK BOX