From: Karl E. Peterson on
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> WebCalendar, free, easy, ..some hosts already have it for free and will
> install the db for you for free. Can be public for read only, and you can
> password with different levels of access.

That just screams "trouble!" at me, when I go look at it. PHP?
Database? What's the possible advantage over using something like
Google? (Really not trying to be argumentative. I just don't get it.)

Thanks...

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Hot-text on
True on the 404s the webmaster need to work on he pages!
but the link to the freeware PHP calendar works

But I am running the PHP calendar at
http://hot-text.ath.cx/calender/calendar.php
And
http://ej-maria.ath.cx/calender/calendar.php
if you need to see a good working links on the PHP calendar!

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
Yah PHP.
I ran it on a linux site for 3 years with no problems...in a subweb.
I had also used Google calendar, but ended up staying with WebCalendar.

The main reason stayed with WC was I had complete control and it was easily
integrated into the design of the existing site.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Rob Giordano [MS MVP] wrote:
> Yah PHP.
> I ran it on a linux site for 3 years with no problems...in a subweb.
> I had also used Google calendar, but ended up staying with WebCalendar.
>
> The main reason stayed with WC was I had complete control and it was easily
> integrated into the design of the existing site.

I'm hoping to hand off maintenance to folks who are scared of HTML.
Would that change the recommend?

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
no...it's perfect...admin is a web interface that you can also give public
access (I wouldn't, but you could).
once you have it set up and styled for them it's a piece o'cake.

--