From: efrance on
I was trying to create a new sample website so I started the wizard and had
the site save to my desktop. Once it opened up in frontpage it had every
single file in my desktop in there so I deleted the desktop files that were
in my web. Big problem as now all of those desktop files are deleted from
not just the program but are completely removed from my computer's desktop.
Any thoughts on how to get them back? System restore did not work.
From: Ronx on
The only reliable way back is from a recent backup. When you delete anything using FrontPage it is gone forever.
if there is no backup, find an unerase program (Google) - best to use a different computer to avoid overwriting the remnants of the deleted files, and see what can be recovered.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx

efrance formulated the question :

From: Tom Willett on
You need to ask in a newsgroup for your specific operating system.

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997

From: Ronx on
That's what I thought was said - but when FrontPage deletes _anything_, it's gone.
Sounds like instead of a new website ON the desktop, the whole desktop was incorporated in the new website - and the non-web files were deleted.