From: efrance on
Could you tell me how you fixed it please?

From: efrance on
Because even when I setup a new folder prior it is still opening up with
everything else in there.

From: Ronx on
When it happenned to me:
open Windows Explorer
Browse to the Desktop - In Windows 7 this is at
C:\users\<username>\desktop,
in Windows XP it's at
c:\documents and Settings\<username>\desktop
Search for hidden and system files and folders named _vti* in the desktop folder
Delete them

Whwn you create a new website, do NOT create on the desktop - I create a folder on E:\ named websites\websitename
In the New Site dialogue change the location to E:\websites\websitename

If you do not have a E:, the use C:\websites as the starting point. This keeps everything safe, uhnless you accidently create the website in C:\ (the root folder on C: )
Create the folder first in Windows Explorer, and use the Browse button in the New Site dialogue to find it.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
This nesgroup is closing - see
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx

It happens that efrance formulated :