From: Tom Willett on
Exactly. He needs to check with a newsgroup about his O/S. But, my guess is:
it's reformat/reload time.

--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
"Ronx" <ronx917(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
: That's what I thought was said - but when FrontPage deletes _anything_,
it's gone.
: Sounds like instead of a new website ON the desktop, the whole desktop was
incorporated in the new website - and the non-web files were deleted.
: --
: Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
: This nesgroup is closing - see
: http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx
:
: Tom Willett wrote on 24/05/2010 :
: > Ron: It appears the OP deleted more than just
: > FP files.
:
: > --
: > Tom [Pepper] Willett
: > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
: > ---------------------------
: > "Ronx" <ronx917(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
: > news:Oni6aP4%23KHA.5808(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
: >> The only reliable way back is from a recent
: >> backup. When you delete anything using
: >> FrontPage it is gone forever. if there is no
: >> backup, find an unerase program (Google) -
: >> best to use a
: > different computer to avoid overwriting the
: > remnants of the deleted files, and see what
: > can be recovered.
: >> --
: >> Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
: >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
: >> This nesgroup is closing - see
: >> http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx
: >>
: >> efrance formulated the question :
: >>> I was trying to create a new sample website
: >>> so I started the wizard and had the site
: >>> save to my desktop. Once it opened up in
: >>> frontpage it had every single file in my
: >>> desktop in there so I deleted the desktop
: >>> files that were in my web. Big problem as
: >>> now all of those desktop files are deleted
: >>> from not just the program but are completely
: >>> removed from my computer's desktop. Any
: >>> thoughts on how to get them back? System
: >>> restore did not work.
: >>
: >> --

From: Ronx on
It may not be that bad, but probably worse - the desktop folder itself normally only has a few shortcuts and data files (undoubtably irreplaceable), but a reformat/reinstall will not replace them.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
This nesgroup is closing - see
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx

Tom Willett formulated on Monday :

From: Joe on
This program saved my bacon more than once recovering files. Even after a
reformat as well:

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

(usually nothing is ever totally gone from a hard drive unless the hard
drive itself is physically broken. It may not be possible to retrieve
without the right software..but in all likelihood it is still there.)

Gotta run now... the black helicopters are after me :-)

--
Best,
Joe

FrontPage and Expression Web Forums:
http://www.timeforweb.com/frontpage/forum/default.asp

From: efrance on
Yes, that is exactly what is happening. Instead of a new website saved on
the desktop it created one incorporating all that was on the desktop. I've
tried since setting up a new website and saving in another separate folder
location on my server and am getting the same problem. It is incorporating
everything from the previos files. For example...if I'm trying to save it to
C:/my documents/websites/new site - all of the documents that are in the my
documents and websites folders are also showing up within my website folder
list. Any idea how I can change this? I have no idea why it's now doing
this as I havent' had this problem before.

I have asked my IT consultant to look into the deleted desktop files to see
if he can restore any of them. Thanks!

From: Rob Giordano [MS MVP] on
that happens when you create a website on your desktop but forget to create
a folder for it there, sooooo when you next open your website your entire
desktop becomes part of the website...not a nice thing...I know I did it
once. Took quite a while to fix it.

--
Rob Giordano