From: Eddie Paz on
Hi fellows,

How do I call a web service from an MFC application? This is something I'd
like to do without bringing .NET into the picture, if possible.

Thanks in advanced for any pointers.

From: Goran on
On Jun 23, 9:20 am, "Eddie Paz" <drp...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi fellows,
>
> How do I call a web service from an MFC application? This is something I'd
> like to do without bringing .NET into the picture, if possible.
>
> Thanks in advanced for any pointers.

I don't know of WebServices library for MFC specifically, but I think
that Apache Axis has C++ implementation.

BTW, it's a strange demand, that, not to bring .NET in. It's simple
with .NET, so why are you making your life complicated?

Finally, I don't know your context, but I'd consider writing a COM
server (probably an *.exe) in .NET, that would call out from the web
service. That way, you can have an easy interface on MFC side (you
define what that is), easy life on the WebService client side, and if
you go with the *.exe, a good process isolation. But the price is a
more complicated executable module structure; 2 modules instead of 1).

Goran.
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
On 23/06/2010 09:20, Eddie Paz wrote:

> How do I call a web service from an MFC application? This is something
> I'd like to do without bringing .NET into the picture, if possible.

There is a C library called WWSAPI (Windows Web Services API):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd430435(VS.85).aspx

You can find an interesting article here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee335693.aspx

The problem is that it is complicated (and expensive...) to get the
WWSAPI binaries for Windows XP (instead, this API is included in Win7).

As an alternative, there is the open-source gSOAP:

http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html

HTH,
Giovanni

From: Bogdan Jokel on
The simples method might be to use sproxy.exe that comes with
ATLServerLibrary. It generates all the necessary code for you - just point
it to a WSDL or a given Web service URL.
VS2003 (and possibly 2005) had it built in. ATLServerLibrary is no longer
packaged with VS so you need to download it separately.

sproxy generates a C++ class whose methods map one-to-one to methods of a
service at a given URL. It can't be simpler that this.

Hope this helps.

From: bharath_r on
On Jun 23, 12:20 pm, "Eddie Paz" <drp...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi fellows,
>
> How do I call a web service from an MFC application? This is something I'd
> like to do without bringing .NET into the picture, if possible.
>
> Thanks in advanced for any pointers.

You can use the WinHTTP library to call webservices from MFC
application.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384081