From: GGBrowne on
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:53:20 -0700 (PDT), Vance <vance.lear(a)gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Apr 3, 9:04�am, GGBrowne <ggbro...(a)repliesnotwanted.net> wrote:
>> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 02:20:27 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Doesn't matter if it's a $100 Manfrotto or a $1000 Gitzo, they are all
>> >compromised. �It is sad. �
>>
>> No, what's sad are people who buy cameras and lenses so bulky that using
>> costly and even heavier tripods are required to make those cameras and
>> lenses the least bit functional. Instead of teaching themselves standard
>> hand-held camera skills they think the art of photography is all in their
>> purchasable crutches. Crippled photographers, one and all.
>
>I was wondering when you would be back. Would you like to walk
>through the details of your Ibis image and why your story about it is
>BS? Several people were kind enough to provide me with the image
>after you took it down, so you won 't have to go to the trouble of
>putting it back up. I'm very accomodating and want to make things
>easy for you.
>
>LOL!!!
>
>Vance

Sorry, I don't entertain useless pretend-photographer trolls that have
never touched a camera.

From: Vance on
On Apr 3, 2:16 pm, GGBrowne <ggbro...(a)repliesnotwanted.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:53:20 -0700 (PDT), Vance <vance.l...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Apr 3, 9:04 am, GGBrowne <ggbro...(a)repliesnotwanted.net> wrote:

> >> No, what's sad are people who buy cameras and lenses so bulky that using
> >> costly and even heavier tripods are required to make those cameras and
> >> lenses the least bit functional. Instead of teaching themselves standard
> >> hand-held camera skills they think the art of photography is all in their
> >> purchasable crutches. Crippled photographers, one and all.
>
> >I was wondering when you would be back.  Would you like to walk
> >through the details of your Ibis image and why your story about it is
> >BS?  Several people were kind enough to provide me with the image
> >after you took it down, so you won 't have to go to the trouble of
> >putting it back up.  I'm very accomodating and want to make things
> >easy for you.
>
> >LOL!!!
>
> >Vance
>
> Sorry, I don't entertain useless pretend-photographer trolls that have
> never touched a camera.- Hide quoted text -

I have no idea about 'useless pretend-photographer trolls that have
never touched a camera', but I find you mere reappearance to be
entertaining. You don't have to worry about entertaining anyone,
though. I think I can take care of entertaining them for you and
benefit you. I think I will start with posting your Ibis picture and
explaining point by point how the picture doesn't match your lies -
which is a big deficit for a liar. Some my find even find it
hillarious to see how you really messed up and you will learn
something about bird behavior. This will really benefit you in your
posturing as some sort of nature photographer.

I'll put your picture up in the next day or so and you can share in
the laughter. Being able to laugh at yourself is one of the signs of
a healthy psyche. Develop a few more and people won't think of you as
a disturbed individual so readily.

Vance
From: Chris Malcolm on
In rec.photo.digital Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 15:39:51 +0100, "SS" <nonense50(a)blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote:

>>I suppose it depends on the % of perfection you want, I use a tripods
>>because I always get camera shake so even with the cheapest tripod I get a
>>vast improvement in pictures. The truth is to get 100% stability it would an
>>extremely heavy and costly device I fear.

> Have you tried a monopod?

> A monopod gives you a very useful increase in stability at a much
> lower penalty than a tripod in terms of bulk and weight.

What's more for many uses you can avoid the head and its flexure
problems completely and just bolt the camera directly to the monopod.

--
Chris Malcolm
From: Mr. Strat on
In article
<011cc10a-d4ee-446f-bf6e-2f752fa614ec(a)y14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Doesn't matter if it's a $100 Manfrotto or a $1000 Gitzo, they are all
> compromised. It is sad. The article below cites one typical example,

blah...blah...blah

Would you please go away. We're all sick of your pontificating on
subjects about which you have no knowledge.
From: ransley on
On Apr 3, 11:04 am, GGBrowne <ggbro...(a)repliesnotwanted.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 02:20:27 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Doesn't matter if it's a $100 Manfrotto or a $1000 Gitzo, they are all
> >compromised.  It is sad.
>
> No, what's sad are people who buy cameras and lenses so bulky that using
> costly and even heavier tripods are required to make those cameras and
> lenses the least bit functional. Instead of teaching themselves standard
> hand-held camera skills they think the art of photography is all in their
> purchasable crutches. Crippled photographers, one and all.

For landscape you just cant get as good a result handheld at low iso,
small aperature openings, that require a longer exposure handheld, you
need remote - cable release to achieve the maximum potential that
makes a tripod necessary for the highest quality high quality cameras
and lenses now offer, unless you dont care about the best image you
coud have made.