From: Christine Nester Christine on
I would like to use Microsoft Outlook to manage my emails on an existing
account. I have over two years of emails on my Windows Microsoft Live
account and want to import them into Outlook, so that I have them stored on
my PC. I can't find any help online to tell me how to do this, as there
isn't a File --> Export --> Messages in my Office Live account.
Christine
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Christine Nester" <Christine Nester(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:BA0E3E8A-0E9B-44C6-9017-FCA0CAF07B00(a)microsoft.com...

>I would like to use Microsoft Outlook to manage my emails on an existing
> account. I have over two years of emails on my Windows Microsoft Live
> account and want to import them into Outlook, so that I have them stored on
> my PC. I can't find any help online to tell me how to do this, as there
> isn't a File --> Export --> Messages in my Office Live account.

Currently do you access your Live account via a a web browser? If so, you can
unse any version of Outlook to connect to the Live account via POP or you can
use Outlook 2003 or later and the Outlook Connector and access your Live
account on line with Outlook. In the former case, the messages will be moved
from the Inbox on the Live server to the Inbox in Outlook. In the latter
case, you'll see the same thing in Outlook that you see online, including the
Live contacts and calendar. You then move whatever you wish from the server
to the local PC.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]