From: John H Meyers on
On 3/9/2010 10:51 AM, jetjock wrote:

> Is there a way to make all addresses default to Bcc?

> I'd like to never have an address placed into the "To" box when I
> select "New message to". Instead, I'd like the address to be placed
> into the "Bcc" box. Can this be done without cutting and pasting?

In "classic" Eudora (4.3 through 7.1):

Click in "Bcc:" field, then
"Edit >" "Insert Recipient" (make selection)

When using Address book, click "Bcc:" button
to start message or append to current recipients,
rather than "To:"

---

"There is nothing that Eudora cannot do"

(inspired by an original song by Flanders & Swann:

In text form
http://www.nyanko.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fas/bestiary_wompom.html

In sound track (ignore video)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxKeezq7DI )

..
From: John H Meyers on
On 3/13/2010 1:31 PM, jetjock wrote:

> that is pretty much what I'm doing now

You had asked:
"Can this be done without cutting and pasting?"
and in fact it can, by using the other means given,
with only two clicks more than using "New Message To"

Message > "New Message To" [choose recipient]
-vs-
Click "New Message"
Click in Bcc field
Edit > "Insert Recipient" [choose recipient]

Or zero clicks more, when using the Address Book window.

> I was looking for a setting that would
> [insert the address into "Bcc" instead of "To"]
> when I clicked on "New Message To... X"

You can instead use "New Message With" (below "New Message To")
to choose from pre-stored stationery items,
in which you can pre-set any headers you wish.

Auto-completion is another useful effort saver,
and works in any recipient field.

Otherwise, "To" means "To" -- is there
some other program where "To" means "Bcc"?