From: Noe on
I have a Publisher Publication I'd like to turn into a presentation. Asides
from doing it page by page is there any other way?
Thanks!
Noe
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <EFC68E2B-166E-4699-B6AB-7AF5A402DD2E(a)microsoft.com>, Noe wrote:
> I have a Publisher Publication I'd like to turn into a presentation. Asides
> from doing it page by page is there any other way?

One of our regulars, Chirag Dalal, has an add-in that might do the job for you
nicely.

http://officeone.mvps.org/ppt2pub/ppt2pub.html

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Michael Koerner on
You could save your Publisher Publication to a PDF file, and then convert
that to PowerPoint

--
Michael Koerner
MS MVP - PowerPoint

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <F7D1E4AF-6F89-46AA-943F-5D186B194DAD(a)microsoft.com>, Echo S
wrote:
> Oh, I'm so glad you knew about that. I had no idea!

If I hadn't gotten it backwards, it'd be even more useful.

OP wants to go Publisher to PPT
Chirag's program goes PPT to Publisher.

I've gotta check with the local U. Maybe they have some kind of
Remedial Reading for OldFarts course.

==============================

From: Matti Vuori on
=?Utf-8?B?Tm9l?= <Noe(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> I have a Publisher Publication I'd like to turn into a presentation.
> Asides from doing it page by page is there any other way?

If you can't find a way to do it, consider this: a good presentation is
just about presenting ideas one page a time on full-screen mode. PDF is a
very suitable format for that.

Most people don't know that Adobe Reader switches to full-screen when you
press Ctrl+L. That turns it into a perfect presenter's tool... or at least
makes conversion to PPT often unnecessary. This is good news to people who
maintain materials that by their nature suit Publisher or Word better than
PPT, but from which they need to setup a presentation fast.

And of course with PDF you also get more robust layout and fonts that
remain the same no matter what.