From: PMU on
Thanks TAJ, the export tool recommended does work. But before I purchase
it, I am left wondering if newer versions of PPT support enhanced image
export options that would not require a separate add-in?

Thanks,
Peter

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <F4DF0D46-7535-44CA-95A5-244033F8B26F(a)microsoft.com>, Pmu wrote:
> Thanks TAJ, the export tool recommended does work. But before I purchase
> it, I am left wondering if newer versions of PPT support enhanced image
> export options that would not require a separate add-in?

Hi Peter,

Office 2007 doesn't improve things; the quality of text exports can still be
quite bad, and you need to apply SP2 before you can even GET higher resolution
image exports that aren't totally corrupted. It doesn't give you any added
control over image exports.

Office 2010 hasn't been released yet, anything could change, but the *quality*
of exported images is far better than in previous versions, at least in my
tests. There are no new controls, though. If you want anything other than the
default resolution, you'd need to use a bit of code to do the export.

> Thanks,
> Peter
>
> "TAJ Simmons" wrote:
>
> > Michael,
> >
> > it is possible to improve the quality of the exported bitmaps from
> > powerpoint... see
> > Improve PowerPoint's GIF, BMP, PNG, JPG export resolution
> > http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00052.htm
> >
> > Cheers
> > TAJ Simmons
> > microsoft powerpoint mvp
> >
> > awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
> > http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
> > free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
> >
> > "Michael Winey" <Michael Winey(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I choose to save a graphics object or PPT slide as a TIFF file, PPT
> > > does
> > > not give me any options for TIFF settings (dpi, compression method, etc.).
> > > What does PPT use as default settings? Is there a way to access and
> > > change
> > > these defaults?
> > >
> > > The same question also applies for JPEG settings.
> > >
> > > I am using PPT 2002 (SP3) with Windows XP Pro (SP2).

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/