From: John Pollard on
Han wrote:
> "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Han wrote:
>>
>>> I did start the install in a different folder, but I think the
>>> installation still uninstalled my Q2008 <sad>.
>>
>> To prevent the uninstall of other Quicken versions when you do an
>> install: the first time during the install that you see a "Next"
>> button to click, hold down CTRL+SHIFT while you click it.

> Too late ...

You can reinstall Q2008, using the same technique as above, to prevent
that install from uninstalling Q2010.

You'll have to decide for yourself whether any of the little
idiosyncracies that can result are meaningful problems for you.

At one time, having two different newer versions of Quicken installed,
caused a significant problem: the most recently installed version,
crippled the other version. I don't see that anymore. I have Q2009 and
Q2010 installed on the same pc, and I don't see any problem with them.

--

John Pollard

From: Han on

> Han wrote:
>> "John Pollard" <8plus7isf(a)gmail.com> wrote in

>>> To prevent the uninstall of other Quicken versions when you do an
>>> install: the first time during the install that you see a "Next"
>>> button to click, hold down CTRL+SHIFT while you click it.
>
>> Too late ...
>
> You can reinstall Q2008, using the same technique as above, to prevent
> that install from uninstalling Q2010.
>
> You'll have to decide for yourself whether any of the little
> idiosyncracies that can result are meaningful problems for you.
>
> At one time, having two different newer versions of Quicken installed,
> caused a significant problem: the most recently installed version,
> crippled the other version. I don't see that anymore. I have Q2009
> and Q2010 installed on the same pc, and I don't see any problem with
> them.

I am going the route of 2 different machines. I'll do the day by day on
the new Q2010, then weekly compare to Q2008.

Thanks for yor help, John!
--
Best regards
Han